Sportech Chrome Windshield

A few were wanting me to keep you posted on my Chrome whiendshield. Well as some said would happen it started to crack. They were little airline cracks all over it. But you could only see them when the sun shined on it just right. I called Sportech and the guy told me if I would send it back to them then he would sent me a new one. Hands down no questions asked.

Well it is leaving this morning so we will have to see what happens. Hopefully there will be a quick turn around. I'll keep ya posted.

Here is what it looked like before it started to crack.

-Pimpbike
No way around it. the Chrome and Iridium will crack and pit. they look great though.

sorry to continue the hijacking....but these frame sliders....do they just screw into the frame or do you have to take engine bolts off first....(i am somewhat mechanically challenged) I dropped my baby once and these would have helped a lot.

you have to take the fairing off the bike to put the hole in it and once you take the fairing off there is one bolt on each side that goes through the frame and into the engine head. That is the bolt you want to remove. The frame sliders come with longer bolts to use. Does that help?

Thanks Pimpbike.....

is it that same bolt (that goes thru frame and into engine head) that is used to affix the frameslider...or do you need "different" bolts.

And, do they need to be torqued down to specifications or just tightened like hell?

Forget that first question.....reread post...you use a longer bolt.....duh......

Ok what about torque specs?

Back