Spent Some Coin Today . Givi V35 Monokeys

Well I got my side racks and top case adapter. Roughly 1.5 hours to install everything. Not bad , took my time. Note to anyone installing these, put the top case adapter setup on first. You negate the use of multiple spacers included in the side racks. Also leave everything hand tight. The license plate mount is probably the most work. I got everything connected with the quick release screws. Yanked it around a little and then tightened everything up. The good news is the Corbin backrest works with this setup with no top case installed (adapter installed). I ordered the Givi v46 monokey top case so I'll let you guys know the result when it arrives. BTW I did order the back pad kit. At this point whats another $70. bucks!!! I am psyched to have the forecast as my only obstacle to travel. I was thinking this thing must want to lift the front wheel at the slightest blip of the throttle. Good luck.

Oh I had to come back and add: c10 I see you didn't install the tiny blinker kit (assuming your kit came with them). I passed on them too. Defiantly think that's the better look. Gonna look into the adMore kits.

Last edited:
I cut that stuff of the bar too . It is required in UK but not here in the US . Nothing like cheap china signals . If they were Kellerman I might of used them lol

Here I am back for a little more input. So as I previously mentioned I installed the side and top case racks. Installed the top case which I love. Never tried the side cases because everything looked correct. Well since I'm going to use the Busa for a 4th of July getaway figured I'd mount the side cases. They don't mount (bottom tabs don't line up)!!! As per this thread I ordered from Revizilla grouping everything together. Of course needing their guidance (on the phone) as to what I needed that worked together. They sold me the wrong side case racks. Apparently the V35 Monokey cases use a unique side case rack specifically for the V35's. Here it is: SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Profile Side Case Racks Suzuki Hayabusa 2008-2014 Part#1014567. NOT SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Side Case Racks Suzuki Hayabusa 2008-2014 1014581...........Notice the word "PROFILE" Side case racks in the correct part #.

So I called Revzilla rather unhappy. They realized their mistake and of course offered to take the cases back but NOT the side case racks because now that they were installed they are considered used! Honestly I get that but guess what? It was your error! To bad. Soooo not willing the accept a lose of $322. for the side case racks I had to purchase the Givi E41 Monokey side cases (they gave me 15% off)(wanted 25%). They look nice online so I'm sure I'll be happy with them except the don't contour to the bike like the V35's. That is the nice thing about the V35's they look like custom luggage. I'll chime in when I get the E41's.

So I guess I should have checked the fit immediately after installation though since the top case went on perfectly and Revzilla put the package together I figured I was good. The one bright spot of the story is thank goodness I just happened to check everything for my July 4th roadtrip!!! I can just see me and the GF standing at the bike with full luggage bags that don't fit!!! OMG I'm taking a ferry that's booked full for months for cars, the bike is the only option for travel!

New side case's ETA Wednesday or Thursday. Fingers crossed. BTW I explained to Revzilla they need to make sure they do not sell the wrong rack with the V35 cases. That ridiculous.

That does suck . Since you ave a 2nd person you will like the 41's a little more as they have just a few more liters of room . My buddy has them on his 1200 bandit . I got my side racks from Revzilla , bags from my local dealer , and rear SW Moetech rack used off e bay .

Got my Givi E41's today just in time for my trip tomorrow! Well if the V35's seemed like they would be fine for any road trip. Well with these things I can have a dedicated dirty laundry case. Wow they are big. So much for lane splitting!

They mounted in seconds and I am totally happy. Visually it's not like the bags will stay on the bike permanently. Road trips "only" though the top case may have found a home or maybe something smaller (I love having a place to throw stuff into finally). The only thing I wish is that these cases should have had plug into the wiring harness brake and turn signal lights. I know there are kits but if you can plug in a power commander they surely can do it with simple stop and/or turn signals.

Anyway finding this thread cost me some coin too! BTW don't know if I mentioned it but I installed pilot power 3's while I was dropping all this coin. These things are like glue!! I'll report back after my road trip. Good Luck Thanks!!!

Cool deal :) I run the Pilot power 3 2CT up front , and Pilot Road 4 out back , and its a nice combo with great traction as well

Ok I'm back from my road trip and I'll try to keep it brief. First the size of the E41's have amazing room combined with the top case. GF and me had no trouble packing in 4 days worth of clothes (tight but had a littler more space). Soooo happy I splurged on cases thanks to this thread. Aesthetically the E41's looked fine. Honestly once on the road who cares!?!

Now the bad, the Givi latch and lock setup sucks period!! With these cases there is no way to close them securely without key locking them. That means 1st) you must always use the key and 2nd) you can't just close it so it is secure but not to the point of needing a key to open. Even when mounting the side cases, if the cases are full (tight) you may have to use the key to allow the button that unlatches the bags to be pressed to click the bags onto the side case rack (pressure is put on the latch if the bag is full). Because the latch is so flimsy unless locked you can easily lift the latch and have your side case pop open!! Current owner's already know this. This blurb is for those who are considering the Givi cases. So future buyers I can deal with the flimsy latch but no option for closing the bags securely without locking and unlocking them with a key is a total hassle.

I would reconsider these bags had I known this. Oh also these bags only open to 90 degrees not 180. They have a couple of plastic threads limiting there opening. I guess I could cut them off. I assume this is so you can open the bags while mounted on the bike and have a table of sorts. A large loop around one end of the threads would have enabled them to be slipped off to allow 180 degrees of opening.

I don't want to end on a down note. The bags did their job perfectly. The trip was a huge success because I purchased them. It was just a total pain in the Azz needing a key every time I wanted to open or close them. I did no research so shame on me. That said I can live with them just fine. But since I will be using the top case often I wish I could just throw something in it and not have the lid bounce open unless I lock it closed. Thanks All.

All models Givi , and most factory bags on other bikes require a key at all times .

Hello. I want to buy also the Givi V35. I saw that you have also Yoshimura exhaust. You did modifications (lower them) or everything was fitting ok ?
Thanks

Back