Some  hold downs I made for my Bikes!

beerchug.gif
cool idea, i too hate to put too much pressure on the handle bars. I thought you were going to a motorcycle rally, not a trailer rally? Just kidding, wish i was going

Bike looks very stable on your trailer! Good job.

I wonder if the bolts that hold the front seat on could be replaced with heavy eye bolts or a rod for a tie down point?

The bolts go into the frame and up high
rock.gif

looks more than secured to me... AND the bike can travel on its own suspension..

I think you are fine (center of gravity thing seems a bit of a longshot to me as the straps are probably rated to around 2500 lbs?)

I would check it at the first 50 miles and again every 100 of course but sure looks good...

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Yes!! Plan on checking them every so often! Pulled it around the block. Seems ok! Had to run the Harbor freight chock on it lowest setting to get the bike in and out of the chock. I took the bike on and off the trailer a few times to see how easy it was to strap and unstrap.
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

I would put that on the middle notch myself... it will hold the tire snug in the "V" part of the cradle... I use the middle notch on my bike lift and can pull it free by myself sitting on bike.. (you just have to give a good tug, grab some brake and tug again.)

I think that the low notch allows the bike to move around to the point were you could hurt a rim... could be wrong but 99 posted a video on the low hole and it was just like mine... way loose...

Mr. Bogus

I had to take the bolts out of the middle position, because I couldn't get the bike out. The bike's front tire was so wedged in there, the only way to get it out was to take off the bolts. I mean, I tried my damnest to get it out of the choke. Once on the lowest setting all was good. I agree with it being looser, when you put the bike in place. But I am using a strap around the rim and securing it that way. No problems!! The front wheel doesn't move and the rest of the bike secure.

hmmm how tall are you?

(I promise and short jokes will be by accident)

5'8" 185lbs. (If you thought my jumping around in the video was nuts....I was pulling harder then hell to get the front wheel out. The tire got wedged really good, and the rear part of the stay does cup the wheel really good!):muscle:

Trust me I wasn't happy at how tight the front wheel was in there. I was even using a pry bar to get to come loose. Now, all is good!!!

I think your fine with the lowest holes since your strapping the tire into the choke. You have great side to side security. IF a fluke strap popped loose you have another one securing it. I personally would travel the country with your set up.
thumb_up.gif

Trust me I wasn't happy at how tight the front wheel was in there. I was even using a pry bar to get to come loose. Now, all is good!!!
rock.gif
thats odd. are you sure you werent in gear when you were trying to pull it out.? It's only harder in the second hole because it has to roll up higher to come out. Your tire shouldnt be so wide that it gets wedged in the V.

Back