Some help on buying a Gen 2

Congrats! Be careful strapping the bike down that way, the straps can wear through the that front fairing. Ask me how I know.

Reactions: c10
These are what I use and are awesome.

images6LUERKF9.jpg

Even though I think the white is extremely ugly, I would get the 5 year newer bike. The brakes are sooo much better and you can always repaint it another color if you dislike the white like I do. As far as the few more miles the white has, these bikes are race bikes from the factory and can take running them hard. But it's up to you and the white can be detailed and polished with a mirror shine with the right polish and buffer.

Good choice, bike looks clean and ready to ride...it that a single Yosh on there?

Looks like someone took the time to polish out the frame....any other mods done to it?
Looks like a chrome cover, the part where the factory frame sticker is, still looks black just forward of where the chrome ends.

Even though I think the white is extremely ugly, I would get the 5 year newer bike. The brakes are sooo much better and you can always repaint it another color if you dislike the white like I do. As far as the few more miles the white has, these bikes are race bikes from the factory and can take running them hard. But it's up to you and the white can be detailed and polished with a mirror shine with the right polish and buffer.
Further down in the comments, he stated none of the two worked out and he ended up with a blue 2008.
I would’ve voted gray/silver ‘09, but I’m biased. Lol

how the hell did you fasten it?
haare-boese-raufen.gif

do you wanna crash the front plastics
and bend the rear frame to earth (or brake it somewhere)?

the real and only way to fasten a bike on a trailer / truck or similar is shown here
(my busa on my trailer)
2019_Haya_in_Wippe.1.jpg

1. frontwheel in a blocked front wheel seesaw
2. two tabs
zurrschlaufen.gif

around the fork legs above the lower fork yoke (paying attention to brakeline(s), steering damper, wires etc.)

3. by tabs (and fork / bikes front) pulled down to 50-60 % of fork´s total travel by band automatic ratchets / rollers like
zurrgurt%20autom%2025mm%20breit%20300daN.gif

4. rear/tail fixed to prevent a slide sidewise with a long band around rim ´n wheel

why all this?
the rear frame is NOT built to hold those big force treating it when the trailer takes potholes or thresholds.
after some more than 100 miles you are in big danger to find a bent / twisted / broken subframe or so.
in the worst case, the subframe breaks like here at aBMW GS 1200
0-%20an%20Fussrasten%20hi%20verzurrt%20-%20Bruch_1.jpg

and then great grief is announced !

and what the straps over the plastics on the bikes front can cause ................ - pure horror to your moneybagg.
there are a dozen plastic clips inside and if they brake off, you will have
big_eyes-smily.gif
combined with
rotz+wasser_heulen.gif
by the immens costs for replacing parts or lots of time to repair it (if possible)

till today i had more than 40,000 km with a bike on a trailer like the 1st pic shows and i never had any issues.

the tail allways is kept at the rear wheel or swingarm to avoid any force into the subframe etc.

yesterday i finally managed to use two of these parts (m10)
din-582-ringmutter-m14-stahl-verzinkt.gif

and a threaded rod (grade 8.8 ) to build a fastener that goes through the hollow rear axle to hook in the automatic belt.
the very long old belt in the rear (see 1st pic) is no longer necessary from now on - for this I need 2 additional automatic ones.

for the original handle bars - yes, okay
but please never ! when a superbike handlebar is in use - the alu pipe isn´t strong enough and will bent or brake. (this makes it possible to lose the bike from the trailer.)

Been hauling bikes around using them for around 30 yrs or so without any issues at all. The system you use has merit as well

how the hell did you fasten it? View attachment 1619382
do you wanna crash the front plastics
and bend the rear frame to earth (or brake it somewhere)?

the real and only way to fasten a bike on a trailer / truck or similar is shown here
(my busa on my trailer)
View attachment 1619383
1. frontwheel in a blocked front wheel seesaw
2. two tabs
View attachment 1619384
around the fork legs above the lower fork yoke (paying attention to brakeline(s), steering damper, wires etc.)

3. by tabs (and fork / bikes front) pulled down to 50-60 % of fork´s total travel by band automatic ratchets / rollers like
View attachment 1619385
4. rear/tail fixed to prevent a slide sidewise with a long band around rim ´n wheel

why all this?
the rear frame is NOT built to hold those big force treating it when the trailer takes potholes or thresholds.
after some more than 100 miles you are in big danger to find a bent / twisted / broken subframe or so.
in the worst case, the subframe breaks like here at aBMW GS 1200
View attachment 1619386
and then great grief is announced !

and what the straps over the plastics on the bikes front can cause ................ - pure horror to your moneybagg.
there are a dozen plastic clips inside and if they brake off, you will have
big_eyes-smily.gif
combined with View attachment 1619387 by the immens costs for replacing parts or lots of time to repair it (if possible)

till today i had more than 40,000 km with a bike on a trailer like the 1st pic shows and i never had any issues.

the tail allways is kept at the rear wheel or swingarm to avoid any force into the subframe etc.

yesterday i finally managed to use two of these parts (m10)
View attachment 1619388
and a threaded rod (grade 8.8 ) to build a fastener that goes through the hollow rear axle to hook in the automatic belt.
the very long old belt in the rear (see 1st pic) is no longer necessary from now on - for this I need 2 additional automatic ones.
I’m not sure if you do it intentionally or is just a language thing, but your comments, very often, come across as being very condescending. There is more than one way to “skin a cat”, so the way you show is good, but not the ONLY way to do it. I would love to hear from someone that has actually broken one of these aluminum bars due to strapping the bike by the handlebars. I bought my 700lbs Kawasaki concours14 600 miles from home and strapped it by the handlebars and rear grab handles on the back of a pickup truck and all was good. I then took my hayabusa with aftermarket helibars and strapped it the same way and took it on a 2,500 hundred mile trip and no harm either, even through those shitty NY state roads. I do agree with you That the way those straps are touching the bodywork makes me cringe and I would think that (best case scenario) there would be some rub marks by time the bike got to its destination or a broken fairing. Hope you don’t take my comment in a bad way, since I’m not trying to start anything here. Just my two cents.

@mabupa

so you may be a very lucky guy - others are not.

i personally found several bent steel subframes caused by the straps onto them.

and - have you seen the pic of the broken footrest ?

ergo I can only expressly warn against securing the motorcycle at the subframe, rear footrests etc.

and sorry for my german influence on the choice of my words or my sentence position.
but as long as the real meaning of my words is clear and understandable, I kindly ask you to simply ignore my inaccurate language .

the old man
zeigefinger.gif
:D from across the pond. ;)

I’m not sure if you do it intentionally or is just a language thing, but your comments, very often, come across as being very condescending. There is more than one way to “skin a cat”, so the way you show is good, but not the ONLY way to do it. (...)

condescending? dear i got arround 40 years experience with bikes on trailers / in trucks in my ass.
what do you think what damn crap I've seen in this long, long time?

4 months ago I had to take these pictures - the stupid guy / idiot in the picture was the transporter himself:
DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

any questions?

so, when i now try to give my best experiences to others then with the strong emphasis that I think is necessary so that all the mistakes of the past do not happen again.

condescending? dear i got arround 40 years experience with bikes on trailers / in trucks in my ass.
what do you think what damn crap I've seen in this long, long time?

4 months ago I had to take these pictures - the stupid guy / idiot in the picture was the transporter himself:
View attachment 1619427

View attachment 1619428

any questions?

so, when i now try to give my best experiences to others then with the strong emphasis that I think is necessary so that all the mistakes of the past do not happen again.
-Hey, English is not my first language either, so maybe my choice of words were a little excessive too. :laugh:
-As for that picture, if he strapped it down without a front tire chock in place he was asking for trouble. I use the chock and then strap the bike down.
- I’m sure you’ve seen a lot more in your lifetime than this young grasshopper (me) so carry On :thumbsup:

Back