Slip-ons (which ones to buy)???

If you get Yosh, make sure it's the RS-3 RACE version.
They have a street version that's not as sweet.
i have rs-3 was already on bike. how do i know if its the race version
repost.gif
Look in the end (outlet) If it is big and open it's a race, if it looks like there is a small pipe inside the end of the outlet, it is the baffle.

The original RS-3 had a race version and a Cyclone(sp)??
The Race version had a larger pipe going thru the middle.
We sat mine next to the other one day and the only difference was the diameter of the inner pipe.
The outside was identical, markings and all.
Now I believe they are all the same size except with the baffle that was mentioned. It just uses 1 bolt to hold it in.

I also just bought/installed the two-brothers m-2 aluminium slip-ons on my 08 busa, they look nice and sound great but i noticed that the little ball attached to the shift linkage just under the foot peg comes in contact with the mid-pipe on down shifts making for incomplete down shifts. i loosened everything up and tried to reposition the mid-pipe as much as i could but couldnt get it to move much. so i loosened the 2 little nuts on the shift linkage and raised to shifter up but i hate running the shifter this high, anybody else with an 08 have this problem with aftermarket slip-ons?

repost.gif
Look in the end (outlet)  If it is big and open it's a race, if it looks like there is a small pipe inside the end of the outlet, it is the baffle.
SWEET IM RUNNING OUT TO THE GARAGE TO CHECK ...dont go away ill be right back...............................................SWEET its wide open there is like no point to it. how does it work? what does the muffler do it is just one wide open straight shot from the midpipe
winkold.gif

repost.gif
Look in the end (outlet)  If it is big and open it's a race, if it looks like there is a small pipe inside the end of the outlet, it is the baffle.
SWEET IM RUNNING OUT TO THE GARAGE TO CHECK ...dont go away ill be right back...............................................SWEET its wide open there is like no point to it. how does it work? what does the muffler do it is just one wide open straight shot from the midpipe
winkold.gif
Mufflers are an amazing art/science. You'd think because it was straight through, that it wouldn't sound any different with and without....but believe me, even the diameter and shape of the inner tubes affect sound.

D&D slip ons here. They growl! Had my bike dyno'd once at an outdoor venue. Must have been a hundred people straining to see where this beastly fire breathing dragon was caged up
smile.gif

Back