Some help on buying a Gen 2

Id get the 09, lower miles full exhaust. Paying cash...they're asking 7k, offer them 6200 cash in your hand and work from there. Pics of both bikes would have been nice to see.

@hayabusanator
and
@all

my experience is that really every used / pre owned bike brings following costs of around 500-1,000 € for maintenance etc., even it looks like brand new.

remember the age of all oils / oil based grease
they all are over aged after 5 years.

my favorite oil producer "ROWE" for the fork oil (5 W 20) prints the fill-in-date and the best-before-date onto its cans.
the 6 cans i bought new two days ago have a stamp with f.i. 03/2020 and b.b. 03/2025 .
so if the bike is older than 5 years it needs new fork oil - if it stood in the showroom or was used on roads doen´t matter - its life is over.

the same behavior you also have at all greases.
esp. in the swingarm and suspension needle bearings. (for good maintanence the swingarm has to be pulled all 5-6 years).

what about the bearings in the rims?
still original, only one side "metal sealed (ha ha ha :banghead: )" as used by ALL japs ?
crap!
there you should only use double side rubber sealed (2RS) .

bearing in steering head still ball-bearings as used by ALL japs ?
crap too!
tapered roller bearings are a top priority at the busa.

now make a calculation of what it will cost you if all this work has to be done in the workshop. hell!

and to hell too for all the nice shining oem pieces (for showrooms etc.) - technique is allways forgotten - only the look is at place 1 - what a damn crap.

Kelly Blue Book value if interested in the value between the 2 years.
2009...$7,195.oo
2013...$9,080.oo
A difference of...$1,885.oo
if you were reselling down the road,etc.
Rubb.

Kelly Blue Book value if interested in the value between the 2 years.
2009...$7,195.oo
2013...$9,080.oo
A difference of...$1,885.oo
if you were reselling down the road,etc.
Rubb.
Oh,the 2013 Limited Edition ABS commands a bit higher of a price.
60 bucks more... :laugh:
Rubb.

@hayabusanator
and
@all

my experience is that really every used / pre owned bike brings following costs of around 500-1,000 € for maintenance etc., even it looks like brand new.

remember the age of all oils / oil based grease
they all are over aged after 5 years.

my favorite oil producer "ROWE" for the fork oil (5 W 20) prints the fill-in-date and the best-before-date onto its cans.
the 6 cans i bought new two days ago have a stamp with f.i. 03/2020 and b.b. 03/2025 .
so if the bike is older than 5 years it needs new fork oil - if it stood in the showroom or was used on roads doen´t matter - its life is over.

the same behavior you also have at all greases.
esp. in the swingarm and suspension needle bearings. (for good maintanence the swingarm has to be pulled all 5-6 years).

what about the bearings in the rims?
still original, only one side "metal sealed (ha ha ha :banghead: )" as used by ALL japs ?
crap!
there you should only use double side rubber sealed (2RS) .

bearing in steering head still ball-bearings as used by ALL japs ?
crap too!
tapered roller bearings are a top priority at the busa.

now make a calculation of what it will cost you if all this work has to be done in the workshop. hell!

and to hell too for all the nice shining oem pieces (for showrooms etc.) - technique is allways forgotten - only the look is at place 1 - what a damn crap.

If we were to follow this formula on buying used, nobody would buy used...doom and gloom is never the go to way for me.

I've bought used bikes and have never had any major issues....there are signs to look for and if you are experienced to see those signs, you will be GTG.

To the OP @hayabusanator you had better buy one of them soon before someone talks you out of it or scares you off.

I love the yin and yang of the opposing sides of buying used. To some degree they are all true at the same time and we merely choose our compromises.

Reactions: c10
Thanks for all the help.. well it ended up not mattering. Went to get the 09 and had no oil in the forks and there was a dent in them as well . The 13 had similar problems. But thanks for all the help.. ended up with an 08 with 7k miles in it that was well maintenanced.. I'm redoing all maintenance anyways for comfort of mind.. thanks for all the help! And got the 08 for 5k

Will
do .

:poke:

#PretendingLikeYouForgotToForwardTheBikeInfo ~ #Well ~ #THEoRg *

Thanks for all the help.. well it ended up not mattering. Went to get the 09 and had no oil in the forks and there was a dent in them as well . The 13 had similar problems. But thanks for all the help.. ended up with an 08 with 7k miles in it that was well maintenanced.. I'm redoing all maintenance anyways for comfort of mind.. thanks for all the help! And got the 08 for 5k

@Sandow This thread is worthless ...

@Sandow This thread is worthless ...

Back