Some are calling him the Messiah!

I have heard a lot this summer about Barack being the "messiah" and when i have heard it, it has been said because the drive by media(tv, newspapers, etc) portrays him as being perfect...they portray him as doing no wrong and always saying the right/perfect thing. They make it look like he is the "messiah". I have also studied Revelations, not in depth but enough to know about the book. Doesn't it say that there will be a leader from the middle east that will rise to power quickly and have the power to persuade millions in a short amount of time to follow him by making false promises? sounds kinda familiar...just sayin

I have heard a lot this summer about Barack being the "messiah" and when i have heard it, it has been said because the drive by media(tv, newspapers, etc) portrays him as being perfect...they portray him as doing no wrong and always saying the right/perfect thing. They make it look like he is the "messiah". I have also studied Revelations, not in depth but enough to know about the book. Doesn't it say that there will be a leader from the middle east that will rise to power quickly and have the power to persuade millions in a short amount of time to follow him by making false promises? sounds kinda familiar...just sayin

That shids funny right there :rofl:

I think you're projecting.

You see what I did there?

Silly silly little man...I've tried to keep my words few and a majority of my comments to myself, but enough is enough.

You seem to think WE'RE the angry ones even though from what I read, the name calling and insults are coming from you...you call it being pashionate, I call it being a d!ck.

You're pretty sure you have all the answers and everyone else is just an uneducated idiot. Maybe if we all read your link, we'd aaallllllllllll agree with you and we could pitch in to buy something nice for you and the handful of other sad bodies that can't be content with earning their own way.

Until then, I'm going to give you some advice...if you've come here to "push" the asian rights agenda...don't. Join asianavenue or one of the many other web communities and get it off your chest there. If you're here just to insult folks (many of whom are much more intelligent than yourself) then you need to get a life and remove yourself from here.

or....get this....stop being a turd! People have opinions. Not everyone is going to agree with. Quit your belly-aching and get on with life. Don't be argumentative and combative against people who don't share your views, that's basic "big boy" personal skills.

fair 'nuff?:thumbsup:

Mr. Kettle, Mr. Pot is holding for you on line one.

you just don't get it do you?

gtfo3bp.jpg

Doesn't it say that there will be a leader from the middle east that will rise to power quickly and have the power to persuade millions in a short amount of time to follow him by making false promises? sounds kinda familiar...just sayin

He's from Hawaii. I guess that's east (.) :laugh:

:cheerleader:there he is....glad you were on your phone for that last post..I could feel the homo pic coming :rofl:

:beerchug:

Na...I could not sleep for shiz last night and I was reading with my iPod Touch, not iPhone. The touch is great. Anyhow that silly comment did not warrant a homo post.

I think what Ultra is saying is that his family worked very hard to achieve the American dream, built a business and potentially a legacy for him, then had it stripped away for no good reason. This was only a generation or so ago and I can see why there are still open wounds. Think if your parents busted azz to build a business then it was taken and you received nothing for their hard work. Or if you worked hard to leave something for your kids and it was taken and they were left with nothing. I think you would be pretty upset. I don't really know what should be done but his feelings should not be dismissed.

Na...I could not sleep for shiz last night and I was reading with my iPod Touch, not iPhone. The touch is great. Anyhow that silly comment did not warrant a homo post.

I think what Ultra is saying is that his family worked very hard to achieve the American dream, built a business and potentially a legacy for him, then had it stripped away for no good reason. This was only a generation or so ago and I can see why there are still open wounds. Think if your parents busted azz to build a business then it was taken and you received nothing for their hard work. Or if you worked hard to leave something for your kids and it was taken and they were left with nothing. I think you would be pretty upset. I don't really know what should be done but his feelings should not be dismissed.

Slap me silly and call me Alice.

I agree with SJ. I have mentioned this in another thread (heck maybe this one, it just seems to be going and going).

Japanese/American people got the short end of the stick no doubt about it.

I think I saw Ultra state something like he feels black people had it way worse. Well I in a lot of aspects yes, I am not black and I am not Asian, but it is diffiuclt to compare the two issues. Each posses's its own painful experiance.

With blacks, They were brought over to this country as slaves, they came here with no rights. Eventually they were able to break the chains of their bondage (with a shid load of help from white people I need to add)

With the Japanese, dayum. One day they are trying to live the American dream, they are neighbors, friends, already working hard. then in a blink of an eye over events they had no control over, they have eveyrthing stripped from them. Jobs, homes, everything and forced to live in camps.

It is one thing to never have rights and be given them, it is another to have rights and have them all stripped from you.

As I said, I would never try to diminish what blacks have gone through in this country, But I would never take lightly what Japanes / Americans have gone through in anyway.

At least our country acknoledged what it did was wrong and we now have laws in place to prevent what happen to the Japanes again and we have laws in place to protect people from slavery in this country.

Countries are like individual people. Countries as a whole make mistales like individual people. And when mistakes are made you can either acknoledge the mistake and move on and try your best to ensure it never happens again.

Or you can let it be like a festering wound that never heals.

Our country has acknowledged slavery is wrong, our country has acknowldged what it did to the Japanes people were wrong. Our country has taken steps to ensure it can never happen again.

And as this next comment will be bitter to taste for alot of people, as I have stated before. we have to move on if we are to ever get passed this.

For those of you who are angry about these issues. for those blacks who are angry at whomever for slavery. for the Japanese / Asians who are angry at America.

You cannot undo what has been done.

There are only two things you can do:

Ensure it doesn’t happen again.

But most importantly, you have to forgive. And I am not saying this because anyone deserves your forgiveness. I am saying this because only when you forgive someone will your hatred go away and it will stop eating at you.

If you are a Christian and believe in God, it is pretty easy, all you need to do is start the process by praying for those you hate and despise. If you take that first step in earnest, God will take care of the rest.

If you don’t believe in God, it is a lot tougher since forgiveness never comes easy unless you have a supernatural force helping you, but in the end forgiveness is the only answer to the hatred that dwells in all of you over these issues.

I wish so much I could in someway impart on you all what I feel, but I cant. I can promise you however they have been people in my life I have really really hated. Some of them for years.

Hating someone, or a lot of someone’s takes more out of people than you realize. It is amazing how much energy it takes to hate, to resent.

And at some level when you exert soooo much energy hating someone, it is self destructive and because it is self destructive you are allowing those people, or the situations to still have a negative impact on you.

Slavery ended a long time ago. But by still hating all those who subjected your ancestors to slavery, at some level they are still winning, they still hold power over you, they still have you in the only bondage they can still keep you in. And that is the bondage of hate. Only when you let go of the hate will you finally be free.

All of you that are walking around with all this hate inside of you, think about it? who are you affecting? You are affecting yourself and those you care about most. Your hatred does not have ANY affect on the ones that it is directed at. It only affects you. Personally.

I think about when I have experienced hate towards someone. I could wake up thinking how much I hated a person, I could think about how much I hated them all day to the point my stomach was upset, I would have to take pepto bizmol. And then I would have a difficult time going to sleep at night because of how much I hated someone.

And guess what the person was doing that I hated and that was making every waking moment miserable for me?

They were enjoying their life. Most people don’t care if you hate them or not, not to the extent that they allow it to affect their lives.

So in the end, hatred only affects the person doing the hating..

If you want to be happy, you have to let it go. You have to forgive. And I know it is hard, I have been there. But you have to, for noone else but yourself.. and your family..

Back