Softball

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Most of you hooligans know I have played softball most of my life. I started sometime around 12 or 13, something like that. I have had my heyday, being part of a team that finished 6th in the world in Orlando in 1998, many HR's, game winning plays, etc.

My doctors after surgery told me I would not be able to play for 18 months and I was mortified. Something such a large part of my life taken away.

Last night I actually played in my 1st game in nearly a year. Considering my current treatment last Friday....and my condition, this was nothing short of a miracle. My 1st at bat, 1st live pitch I saw in over a year I ripped a hard single back up the middle. I know it is hard to say, I nearly shed a tear on the way to 1st, it was that moving.

Thank you, my friends no my FAMILY here for all the prayers, I KNOW this is what allowed last night to take place.

What a great feeling that must have been for you! I'm happy that you're able to get back out there! Keep it up, Bro!
ThumbsUp.gif

atta' boy kevin!!!! im sure it felt so good gettin to swing the stick again!!!

ThumbsUp.gif

That's great. Your strength is nothing short of awe-inspiring.

awesome, i'm so glad for you...you keep striding forward and we'll keep up the prayers
beerchug.gif

You are definitely an inspiration to many. Glad to hear your doing the things you love. our prayers are still with you.

great to hear that you are feeling well enough after chemo to PLAY A GAME!! WAY TO GO!!! God has great things planned for you.

Thats awesome Kev, glad to hear that your back doing what you love
thumb_up.gif

I look at many friends I have met that are fighting this terrible disease, most would never even try to ride a motorcycle or play a softball game. God has been so good to Brenda and I. Some say I am a miracle.....sometimes I feel that I am and I know God has something special for me to do.....

I feel the best I have felt in 5 years when I am off/recovered from chemo. In the next few weeks, I will continue to play, building my confidence and yes I will even be doing a trackday at Road Atlanta in a few weeks.

Awesome Kevin, I am so happy for you! Prayers will continue my friend. Keep showin us that smile.
beerchug.gif

clap.gif
Very, very happy for you, Kevin. I would expect doing what always made you happy would only help recovery.
hello.gif

Back