So who is in to fitness?

Congratulations on your accomplishments so far, James. I wish my progress has been as good as yours. My weight has been up and down but at least I have it going down again. All I'm doing is running. The worst part is my diet and eating habits. All of the running makes me HUNGRY!.. I have to get over using eating as stress relief and entertainment. I think once I conquer that, I'll have it made.

Although I've slacked off, I was running 3-4 days a week. 2-3 miles on weekday mornings and 5-8 on weekends. If I run a half marathon on the weekends I usually slack off for recovery during the week following.
I've completed 20 half marathons this year. This weekends was canceled but I have 4-5 more on the schedule in the next 30 days. In October 6 of those were in 3 consecutive weekends with each weekend having an event in 2 different states. That was a tough 16 days. On Dec 1, I completed my first full marathon while recovering from a sinus infection. I was not sure I'd even make the first 6 miles but the venue was situated where it would be easy for me to stop almost anywhere though the event. I'll be running at an event on new years eve and new years day. We'll complete a 5K and then a half on each day. Then 7 days later I head to Florida to do a 5K, 10K, Half, and a full in 4 days. After that it is back to half marathons and working on speed. You sure can't say I have speed now, finishing upright and without injury are my only current goals.

I'm still 50lbs over from where I should be. My 2014 goal is to start focusing on modifying my diet, continuing the cardio, and start a small bit of cross training. I'm still down 25-30lbs from my high, but have plenty of work left to do.

Holy crap Rick, if you do all of those runs you would be a rail! I applaude you guys for all the events you are attending.

You guys go ahead. I'll be the only one around this place that makes my bike look small :laugh:

Holy crap Rick, if you do all of those runs you would be a rail! I applaude you guys for all the events you are attending.

You would think!! Just proves I'm way better at eating than I am at running. I can't imagine how big I'd be if I stopped running now!

i understand that feeling!! :banghead:

Semi, lets get on board with this fitness thing... Come down here and the next marathon Rick runs we can ride next to him and cheer him on... Afterwards we can go eat chicken fried steak...

Semi, lets get on board with this fitness thing... Come down here and the next marathon Rick runs we can ride next to him and cheer him on... Afterwards we can go eat chicken fried steak...

And I know just the place for the chicken fried steak. I'll take the large with mashed potatoes and gravy, pleeeeese!

image-2337084107.jpg

Lol ill join you on that.

But I do support fitness, bought my lady a treadmill, jogging stroller, stupid buns shoes.....

Home tread mills are great for hanging clothes on. :laugh: At least that is what we did with ours.

let's do it, Cap! :laugh:

And I know just the place for the chicken fried steak. I'll take the large with mashed potatoes and gravy, pleeeeese!

There is no way I could eat that Rick. I would get sick.

oh, that looks good! they just need to change the beans to onion rings and throw a couple more rolls on the plate...do they have a good desert to finish it off? :thumbsup:

I hate to admit it but I have eaten the large before. That is the Challenge one though. I don't think the Large is on the menu.

The first time I went in there, it was with a group. I went to the restroom and when I came out, they were ordering. I saw the smaller plate you see in the picture and it had one steak, 1 scoop potatoes, all on one plate with the steak hanging over the edge. I told the waitress I wanted a Chicken Fried Steak Dinner. She asked small or large. I replied Large thinking that was what I saw. Imagine my surprise when it came out and was two of those huge steaks on one larger plate. Didn't stop me from eating it though!

Ok, current pictures taken this morning. Will update later with BF and weight.

IMG_20131214_070115_011[1].jpg

IMG_20131214_070146_439[1].jpg

wow bro! that's a huge change since this summer...great job!! :beerchug:

wow bro! that's a huge change since this summer...great job!! :beerchug:

Thanks bro!

Stats at the gym just after the picture was taken, 13% body fat and I weigh 171lbs. Now to just maintain weight and continue to lose fat. I need to up my calorie intake to maintain and continue what I am doing. That should allow me to increase lean muscle while not increasing body fat.

If some of you guys wanna really get in shape look up metabolic exercises and training techniques. Going to the gym and exercising the wrong way will get you no where but then again exercise is done to gain strength and not to lose weight so keep in mind what you eat.

Back