I Know A Lot Of You Are In To Fitness, Any Fitbit Users?

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I know a bunch of you are in to fitness. And as I have reached the young age of 44 I know I need to start doing better. It happened a few years ago as I attended MC's retirement in Pensacola. We got home and saw some of the pictures my friend took of me and I couldnt believe it! LOL, anyway I decided I needed a change and went to work. I lost 40 lbs and felt great.
Then I made a move to Cali and didnt work out as much as I had been, new to a stressful job and gained some weight back. Things have changed again and I am making a commitment to get my butt back in the gym and watch what I eat.
So now the question, I just picked up a Fitbit Blaze and this thing is cool. Anyone else use one and how are the results? I am a member of MyFitnessPal.com as well and it seems I getting to eat more with the same goals with Fitbit.
Thoughts, anyone care to share?

I use fitbit James.... easy peezy, wear it and it reports in automagically...

Thanks Cap, so far I really like it. All really automatic. The food tracking is not easy for me to use yet, but I am just getting into it. Day 2 for me.

my wife uses hers everyday. Said she was getting me one for my birthday last friday, but i havent seen it lmao

Well I do, I dont know where I am, and then I can eat right up the edge....

I looked at a fitbit, but chose a Garmin Vivoactive. It's a smartwatch and gps and heartrate monitor all in one.
Off Amazon it was only a little more than a fitbit.

I use mine for the step counter because we have to report things like that or out premmium for insurance doubles.

Also I like the sleep tracker. I can compare it with my heart rate and see if I was having a bad dream or if it was the pizza causing me to be restless.

Don't forget they track how many flights of stairs as well.

I looked at a fitbit, but chose a Garmin Vivoactive. It's a smartwatch and gps and heartrate monitor all in one.
Off Amazon it was only a little more than a fitbit.

I looked at many including this one. I have not had much luck in the past with this brand. And, I had to have something that didnt require the chest strap.

I use mine for the step counter because we have to report things like that or out premmium for insurance doubles.

Also I like the sleep tracker. I can compare it with my heart rate and see if I was having a bad dream or if it was the pizza causing me to be restless.

Don't forget they track how many flights of stairs as well.
That is a cool feature, my sleep is averaging 95%. I walk a lot more than I thought I did.

I use the Fitbit HR. It 's pretty nice and I like that I can check my heartrate, and track my steps and floors climbed. I haven't really paid much attention to the sleep tracker, this is mainly because it seems to need a recharge every 3 to 4 days. So I usually take it off before I go to bed and plug it in. I've also noticed that my heartrate on the cardio equipment at the gym is signifinically different from what the Fitbit reads, even though my correct age and weight is dialed in. Maybe it's just mine but I also notice that my steps go up sometimes even when I'm not moving, for example before I even put it on this morning it had already recorded 7 steps. The fact that it isn't waterproof is a bit of a bummer too! I've almost forgotten to remove it a few times before getting into the shower!

Last edited:
Interesting. My HR is spot on with the elliptical I use. Not sure on the steps, will have to keep an eye on that one. So far, I like the calorie in/calorie out tracking. Makes it easy.

Interesting. My HR is spot on with the elliptical I use. Not sure on the steps, will have to keep an eye on that one. So far, I like the calorie in/calorie out tracking. Makes it easy.
Nice! I do need to start paying more attention to my calorie in /calorie 0ut! And as I'm typing this I just realized I forgot to put it on this morning before I left for work!! DOH!!

I use the step counter thing on my iPhone 6. They're pushing the fitbit had at the hospital I work at, but I am a little resistant, as they're already a little too invasive with our health stuff for insurance purposes as it is, in my opinion. I do think this is a useful tool for a lot of people though!

Back