So I got 86’ed from a barber shop this weekend

Everytime I go to the barber shop I get weird looks.. Maybe because I'm bald? :dunno:

You dealt with that much better than I would have. I would have probably gotten the crap beat outta me for not keeping my mouth shut after he called me a cracker..

That would not have proven anything. They would have whooped you butt for what? Feeding into their racism? Better to be the big man, karma will get back to him eventually without you lifting a finger.

Because I’m white…….That pissed me off. My parents raised me to be color blind. My mother always told me we all bleed the same color and my dads favorite was…it’s all pink on the inside son. The only comforting thing was the two ladies who had just walked in turned around and walked out calling him a racist. Karma will come back and bite him. I just walked 4 shops down to the salon and was in and out in less than 30 mins.

Easy kid. There are some real asswipes out there.
Been there, been called that.

In the grocery store check out line. Kid in the basket in front of me yells and points, "MOMMY" a ******! The other patrons looked at the mom with total disgust on their faces. The mom lowered her head in utter shame.

Took the wife to a Chineese joint to eat. We were seated. No menues, no water, no we will help you. When the white people came in and were seated they got water and menues right away. After 20 minutes we left. NEVER going back to that place.

At a car dealership a sales man came out and stared at me. I asked if he had aproblem helping a blackman? He said nawh. Test drove a mini van for the wife. Sales man told me if I came up with $5000 he could get me into the this van(not the one I wanted). This van had manual windows, vinal seats, just a stripped down version of what I wanted. He was very rude, kept telling me to come up with $5000, and he could help me. I told him I had been to my creditunion and could buy anything on his lot, his attitude changed.

Went to another dealership, NO salesman would come out to help me. I kept looking and eventually a young Mexican kid comes out to see if I needed any help. He told me the other sales maen would not come out because they did not think a blackman would buy. I thanked him and left.

Crossing the street with my berother in law, two young girls in a car zoom by screaming "NIGGERS". OK, what are dyou going to do?

Wife and I go into a supermarket and notice an older worker following us around. I had the wife stand at the end of the isle where he could not see us. I slipped around an isle and came up behind him and told him we were in the store to steal from it. His eyes were as large as silver dollars.

Ever been in line and the clerk asks who is next, while pointing at the "other person"?

Momma told me to judge people on their actions, not their color. In 55 years, I have seen a lot.

Don`t let it get next to you. Be the bigger person.

If I ever meet you, drink is on me.

racial discrimination is wrong regardless of which way it goes... had the same thing happened to me but at least the barber said he didn't cut my kind of hair.

Didn't they tie up a blackman to the bumper of a truck and drag him to death in 2008 and a few years before that a similiar incident. So this really doesn't surprise me, the hatred isn't going anywhere.

So what would he do if you showed up like this next time?

5241015.jpg

White guy made up to look black (Robert Downey jr from Tropic Thunder)
LMFAO, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Could you imagine making "Blazing Saddles" today?

First of all as a black man I’d like to apologize for his actions and racist statement. This is not indicative of the black men that I know nor of black barbers that I personally know. Granted if he was not comfortable with cutting you hair he should have politely informed you.

One of my best friends (he’s black...read on) is a barber and he recently worked in a barbershop located in Odenton, MD near Ft. Meade, told me that some of the new black barbers in the shop were uncomfortable cutting a white persons hair not because they didn’t like white people but because they just didn’t know how and what they would do is refer them to him. So what he did was he started teaching his fellow co-workers how to style white hair. This ended up becoming a win/win situation for everyone due to education.

Thankfully and hopefully the two black ladies made up for his ignorance. Attitudes like this guys is why most people think black people are ignorant and stupid. I grew up in Ohio in the 70’s and 80’s and I did experience some racism but I never let that influence my opinion about white people, to me people are people and that’s it.

I went to high school in Odenton

LOL, Tropic Thunder, "What do yooou mean, You People?" It only goes to prove that we as a society have a long way to go. We are still relatively young as a nation. Look how long the Roman Empire lasted, if we do not change our ways, we are doomed to the same fate, but in a much faster time. I see my brothers and sisters and trust anyone until they give me a reason not too. If I dont trust you, it has nothing to do with your skin tone.

lil charlie I am confused about one thing you stated and that’s about Dundalk and Glen Burnie: I currently live near and work in Glen Burnie which is about 80% white and I never experience racism nor have I heard any of my white friends ever say that they’ve experienced any in Glen Burnie either. Which area did you live in?

I lived in Dundalk for 6 years which is about 85-90% white and I did experience minimal racism from primarily elderly people which I thought was just a sign of the times in which they grew up in. I must ask did you live in Turner Station in Dundalk? If so then I totally understand.

When i first moved from small town Virginia to Maryland in the early 80s we move to glen burnie. Im not sure of the location as twas long ago and we only lived there for 6 months. It was in some duplex and i was one of 3 white kids on the street. From there we moved just outside of turner ststion and that's when the trouble form me started. I also lived in southeast dc with some of my boys cuz the rent was cheap. I too was raised to judge people by their actions not the color of skin. Please don't think that because i said i hated Maryland and was subjected to alot of crap overthere that i think badly of black people. My very best friend in the entire world was black. I say was because he died. I lived in plenty of nice places to. I was in Odenton, bowie, and lastly in Crofton.

LMFAO, :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Could you imagine making "Blazing Saddles" today?

BWAH!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Cleavon Little was *awesome* as the character "Bart". Mel Brooks was waaaaaay ahead of his time, and he got away with murder back then. Some of his scenes were outrageously funny satire.... though many of the politically correct never got the humor (even to this day)...

In the grocery store check out line. Kid in the basket in front of me yells and points, "MOMMY" a ******! The other patrons looked at the mom with total disgust on their faces. The mom lowered her head in utter shame.

Took the wife to a Chineese joint to eat. We were seated. No menues, no water, no we will help you. When the white people came in and were seated they got water and menues right away. After 20 minutes we left. NEVER going back to that place.

At a car dealership a sales man came out and stared at me. I asked if he had aproblem helping a blackman? He said nawh. Test drove a mini van for the wife. Sales man told me if I came up with $5000 he could get me into the this van(not the one I wanted). This van had manual windows, vinal seats, just a stripped down version of what I wanted. He was very rude, kept telling me to come up with $5000, and he could help me. I told him I had been to my creditunion and could buy anything on his lot, his attitude changed.

Went to another dealership, NO salesman would come out to help me. I kept looking and eventually a young Mexican kid comes out to see if I needed any help. He told me the other sales maen would not come out because they did not think a blackman would buy. I thanked him and left.

Crossing the street with my berother in law, two young girls in a car zoom by screaming "NIGGERS". OK, what are dyou going to do?

Wife and I go into a supermarket and notice an older worker following us around. I had the wife stand at the end of the isle where he could not see us. I slipped around an isle and came up behind him and told him we were in the store to steal from it. His eyes were as large as silver dollars.

Ever been in line and the clerk asks who is next, while pointing at the "other person"?

Momma told me to judge people on their actions, not their color. In 55 years, I have seen a lot.

No sir, if we ever meet the beer is on me!

That's a shame Bo, you didn't/don't deserve that. The only way (over time) to overcome this is be the bigger man and set an example. Teach your kids and others the difference between right and wrong, regardless of if it's white on black, black on white, black on yellow, white on brown, etc.

My Father grew up in the Old South, and at times he has said things that make me uncomfortable. But I don't think the way he does, and I try to set the right example for my daughter.

Don't let it get 2 ya I've been called a "Black Cracker" by my own Race lol ...what ever!!!!! I keep it moving ,

for the record I am Racist !!! I racist a Ninja 1400, I racist a BMW , I racist a R1 , I Racist anything :laugh:

Lil Charlie Ihave been in Baltimore since 2004. Originally from the sticks in NC where I never experienced any racism.

Be glad it was Memphis, lil charlie, and not NYC you were visiting.... Memphis only arrested and booked you illegally.

But for those long-haired, dope-smoking, drum-circle hippies in NYC this morning, t'was a different story:

UP AGAINST THE FENCE, LONG-HAIR!!!!!!!!!!

pb-111115-ows-da-13.photoblog900.jpg

DO YOU FEEL LUCKY, PUNK?!!!!!!!!!!

pb-111115-ows-da-10.photoblog900.jpg

SMACKDOWN TIME, LONG-HAIR!!!!!!! :laugh:

pb-111115-ows-da-11.photoblog900.jpg

Saved the best photo for last....

{voice=Cartman} RESPECT MAH AUTHOR-IT-TAY!!!!!!!!!! {/voice}

pb-111115-ows-da-12.photoblog900.jpg

Back