So I got 86’ed from a barber shop this weekend

lil charlie

Registered
Because I’m white…….That pissed me off. My parents raised me to be color blind. My mother always told me we all bleed the same color and my dads favorite was…it’s all pink on the inside son. So..... I just moved to Houston a few weeks ago and it was time to get a haircut and I noticed that there were two places right next to my cousin’s house. The first was a salon and the second a Baber shop. Me being the cheap arse that I am I went to the barber shop because I wanted to save money. So I walk in and there are 4 barber chairs but only one guy working; he is cutting a kids hair and he had two more in front of me. I sit down and he say there are two in front of you, I just smile and no problem. A few minutes later two more walk in and he says now there are four. I just looked at him and he said they had an appointment. Now mind you I’m thinking to myself that is possible but I doubt it (just judging the look and the couple’s face that had just walked in).

So far it had been a total of 20 mins and he was still working on the same kid’s hair and I was getting all kinds of looks for the barber. I almost got up and walked out but I didn’t have anything else to do and I didn’t want to look rude. A few minutes’ later 2 ladies walked in with their boys and he said they had appointments too and that it was going to be another hour and a half. I got up and said “okay I get the hint, maybe next timeâ€. He said “there won’t be a next time cracker, ya feel me?†I just shook my head and walked out. The only comforting thing was the two ladies who had just walked in turned around and walked out calling him a racist. Karma will come back and bite him. I just walked 4 shops down to the salon and was in and out in less than 30 mins.

That'll teach ya, whitey! :whistle:

Now I am curious.... did the two ladies who walked out with their boys also white?

Regardless, that is very sad and unfortunate...

That'll teach ya, whitey! :whistle:

Now I am curious.... did the two ladies who walked out with their boys also white?

Regardless, that is very sad and unfortunate...

Nope, they were black and apologized to me for the ignorance of the barber. I told them I wasn’t worried about as there was nothing I could do about it. :banghead:

There is more racism in this country right now than I can ever remember. More divided overall than I can remember.
It really is sad that the more we advance as a species the farther we fall as individuals!

That is pretty bad. I heard there was a lot of racism in Texas. It I never figured it was us darkies doing it. I'm in Maryland and a few months ago I saw a sign outside a black barber shop that said "we cut white hair too" and I thought that was pretty tacky but looking at what happened to you, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Actually you are the racist, Kevin, how dare you even walk in to his shop you racist white person.

If you called him a racist you would probly end up in jail for a hate crime.

if i were you, i would call the owner tell him what happen and then write up a story for the local paper explaining what happen and send it to them. :thumbsup:
i dont get mad, i get even....:laugh:

Actually you are the racist, Kevin, how dare you even walk in to his shop you racist white person.

If you called him a racist you would probly end up in jail for a hate crime.

Just mentioning it on this forum will probably get you called racist. (Where is Rongotti, BTW...?)

I was just listening to my local radio station and they were talking about a similar situation that one of the djs had over the weekend, its sad that its 2011 and people still have this kind of mentality.

I saw a sign outside a black barber shop that said "we cut white hair too" and I thought that was pretty tacky but looking at what happened to you, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Perhaps they were referring to the geriatric crowd.... :dunno:

It is indeed quite messed up that this kind of crap continues..... some places are worse than others, obviously. The Deep South has quite the history here. When I was on a cross-country trip as a young child, we decided to visit some distant relatives for the first time in some backwater small town in Louisiana (this was in the very late '60's). Unbelievably, they had a sign at each end of main street that read "******, don't let the sun set on your ass in this town!" I was only 11 at the time and was still dumbfounded to see this. And it wasn't some hand-scrawled made-up sign, either; it was dark green with white border (like a DOT highway sign), and the letters were neatly stenciled, etc.

Thank goodness we were just passing through.... we stayed about 4 hours and got the hell outta there. :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:

man that sucks brother....when i go home on leave i usually go to the local black barber shop because a normal barber doesn't know how to do a military cut with out butchering it, all a military hair cut is a black mans fade. the first time i walked in the door they looked at me me like what's this white boy doing in here, but as soon as i told them i was a Marine they was like ok cool we got yah and they guy hooked me right up...i sit down in the chair and told him i wanted a high reg lol he laughed and said what's that....i explained it to him and he said it's called a high top fade...one of the best hair cuts i ever had and he said that i was welcome anytime...

Everytime I go to the barber shop I get weird looks.. Maybe because I'm bald? :dunno:

You dealt with that much better than I would have. I would have probably gotten the crap beat outta me for not keeping my mouth shut after he called me a cracker..

That is pretty bad. I heard there was a lot of racism in Texas. It I never figured it was us darkies doing it. I'm in Maryland and a few months ago I saw a sign outside a black barber shop that said "we cut white hair too" and I thought that was pretty tacky but looking at what happened to you, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

Lycan6,
I grew up in Glen Burnie and Dundalk and I caught so much flack out there for being white that I moved away as soon as I was 18. Once I moved to Arizona all that went away and I eventually let my guard down and started smiling at people when I saw them walking down the street and saying hello again. I moved to Texas and you are right, there is a lot of racists here. It is mostly the good ol boys that have been here there whole life’s that do it. I have hear the words ******, jew, spick, and fag more in the past three weeks than I have in the last 13 years of living in Arizona. When I walked out of that barber shop I just reminded myself that he is probably used to white boys treating him differently but all I could do was get pissed because it made me feel like I was a kid in Maryland all over again. I hated Maryland because I was tired of getting in fights every other day just for being white.

Everytime I go to the barber shop I get weird looks.. Maybe because I'm bald? :dunno:

You dealt with that much better than I would have. I would have probably gotten the crap beat outta me for not keeping my mouth shut after he called me a cracker..

A few years ago I would have. Now Im too broken to do anything but be an internet tough guy. My wreck in 07 left me in the hospital for 6 months and I had to learn to walk again. Here I am 21 surgerys later but if I got in a fight I would just have to pull my glock and being called a cracker is not worth my time.

Back