So close I can feel it

BenWoj42

Registered
The past few months i've been saving for the new 08 busa. So far after this weeks check i'll have 7k saved up. It seems like a never ending battle as something always comes up and I have to spend money on something I dont want to. Hoping to get this bad boy soon so I can stare at it in my garage during the winter, but if worse comes to worse i'll have to sell my 6r in the spring to get a little more cash. Oh the humanity! :sulk:

Just go ahead and sell the R6 to get the 'Busa earlier!! It will be totally worth it. You will not regret it. Trust me on this. :thumbsup:

I have to tip my hat to you for being disciplined enough to avoid debt in your purchase. Very good judgment!!

CW
:bowdown:

It's always wiser to purchase depreciating assets without financing. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

make sure you save up and extra 1.5 grand this bike will eat that in no time with with tires and regular maintance:poke:

Keep on trucking, I had the same plan for '10 but some things have come up and I haven't made nearly the headway I wanted. :beerchug: to you!

Don't give up bro! It's well worth the wait. And the fact it took a bit more work and a bit more patience will make it even sweeter the 1st time you swing a leg over her.

Trust me I know...just look at my signature. :whistle:

:thumbsup:

good luck with it; i know the feeling of having to wait. i stared at these bikes for 3 years through a dealer window before i finally went in and bought one.

:duh:

:duh:

You should be able to find plenty of nice 08 GEN 2's used for 8K give a few hundered less or more. I've seen them sell as low as $7700 with 2K miles. As far as the maintenance....$25 oil change every 3k miles, keep the chain adjusted and lubed and then you normal tire every 2-5K miles. I don't see where anybody is spending $1500 in maintenance cost on a busa in a short period of time. Unless you track the R6 or into some SERIOUS curves I bet you sale it within a few weeks after buying the busa. Take a few extra dollars and upgrade the exhaust on whatever busa you have purchased unless it is already done, have it tuned properly, put stainless brake lines on it and you will have a great street bike

Last edited:
Bad time to sell your 600 mate. Good on you for your discipline. What kills on the Busa is that it is one of the most customized bikes in the world. sometimes it is hard to go to sleep thinking of what to do next and how to hide it from the misses:laugh:..I don't know where the gentleman came up with 1500 dollars in tires and maintenance unless you were tracking the bike every weekend and eating tires like crazy. I just changed my tires at 6k miles and it cost me about 350 for a very nice front and rear BT016. If you are into tracking bikes the 600 would be the bike to practice on..2hip

Back