So close, I can't wait!

turbojonn

Registered
Air to water intercooler, s2000 injectors, dual BB turbo...OH BOY! Now I'm starting to day dream about a new fuel system, then I'd have the 500 hp I always wanted (?), because after all, 300 hp makes the bike feel like its running on three cylinders. I think I'll have it back within a month. Bert is dong a great job fitting ten gallons of turbo into 5 gallons of space. I'll post up pics when I get it back.

SHOCKED.gif

See this is the problem; stock Busa, OMG, six months later; stage 1 turbo OMG, six months later; stage 3 turbo OMG;

Six months from now you'll write " new this and that 500 hp felt like it was running on 3.5 cylinders. 700 hp will have it back soon, can't wait
laugh.gif

(dadofthree @ May 27 2007,12:09) See this is the problem; stock Busa, OMG, six months later; stage 1 turbo OMG, six months later; stage 3 turbo OMG;

Six months from now you'll write " new this and that 500 hp felt like it was running on 3.5 cylinders. 700 hp will have it back soon, can't wait  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

500 HP
SHOCKED.gif

laugh.gif

Seriously though, I got all puckered up when the bike made 285 hp. I don't know why chasing more hp is so enticing, but it is. This kit turned up should top out at 320 ish. If I switch fueling systems AND do the head it should be very capable of 500. I'd feel a lot better if I had the motor freshened up and put in a tougher output shaft. That being said, It's really not that far away. That'll be round two though. I'm going to ride it around with the existing begi/s2000 set up for this year.
I just saw one of MH's bikes sell on ebay yesterday. It made 700 hp. I wonder if the buyer really knows what that means. I can NOT imagine having a button on a stock busa you could press that would give you a 550 hp shot. I don't know if I'd ever press it. O.K. maybe I would. I think we all would. I hope that guy installs a camera on the bike so we can watch him ride.
AAAssjani.gif

Are you running it on the street or strip, LSR
rock.gif

Been told 250 for the street. Diablo has around 400 and is used on the street. Just curious.

I help a guy with a top sportsman/pro mod car in Ohio, at Norwalk. Car goes 6.77 over 200.

So now I have a '07 and want to leave it alone, but the turbo bike I see are so nice..a local shop HMF, there are a few guys there that have turbo bike...but wouldn't sell me one because there to fast for a big bike beginer.

My question is this...I have looked around the search box...about how much $$$$ and time does it take to build a bullet proof high boost bike?

Do you replace all/most of the bottom end..head work...do you replace or have to machine all of the motor?

Lastly, what is a good progression, I would like to street my bike and run it at the track on rental days. I could see that you always want bigger, I would like to have a good botom end and keep stepping up the boost in place of slapping on a turbo, the having to change/modify the weak links. I would hope that traction is usually the weak link, no broken parts.

What fuel do you run? VP C14 16?

Thanks you doing what I want to do...in time I'll feel the power.
Does it put a smile on your face or scare you...

Anybody from the area? We rent Norwalk with cars guys, but there have been michigan guys, you would know who are, on some sweet bikes, the track is always a sticky/pro prep.
I like to extend the rental group..$40-50 you'd get a bunch of passes usually 5 or 9 hour rentals. If there are 12 cars, prices includes track prep and meat wagon.

Thank you, I'll keep reading and saving money.

Is it worth buying new/used...I'd prefer new, but for somebody stepping up, there used stuff may still be in good shape...I'm looking ahead, might buy parts over the winter,nov/dec.

(RYC1966 @ May 28 2007,01:36) I help a guy with a top sportsman/pro mod car in Ohio, at Norwalk. Car goes 6.77 over 200.

So now I have a '07 and want to leave it alone, but the turbo bike I see are so nice..a local shop HMF, there are a few guys there that have turbo bike...but wouldn't sell me one because there to fast for a big bike beginer.

My question is this...I have looked around the search box...about how much $$$$ and time does it take to build a bullet proof high boost bike?

Do you replace all/most of the bottom end..head work...do you replace or have to machine all of the motor?

Lastly, what is a good progression, I would like to street my bike and run it at the track on rental days. I could see that you always want bigger, I would like to have a good botom end and keep stepping up the boost in place of slapping on a turbo, the having to change/modify the weak links. I would hope that traction is usually the weak link, no broken parts.

Anybody from the area? We rent Norwalk with cars guys, but there have been michigan guys, you would know who are, on some sweet bikes, the track is always a sticky/pro prep.
I like to extend the rental group..$40-50 you'd get a bunch of passes usually 5 or 9 hour rentals. If there are 12 cars, prices includes track prep and meat wagon.
There is no such thing a bullet proof.....I have a friend that had over $150,000 in a busa and it started knocking on the dyno before EVER making it to the street.I run C-16 in my bike 80% of the time.The only week link in my bike at the moment is the chain,actually the chain lock(master link).

Stage 1 and you'll only need a upgraded clutch (springs) and a quality chain.

(nitrousjunkie @ May 27 2007,15:29)
(RYC1966 @ May 28 2007,01:36) I help a guy with a top sportsman/pro mod car in Ohio, at Norwalk. Car goes 6.77 over 200.

There is no such thing a bullet proof.....I have a friend that had over $150,000 in a busa and it started knocking on the dyno before EVER making it to the street.I run C-16 in my bike 80% of the time.The only week link in my bike at the moment is the chain,actually the chain lock(master link).

Stage 1 and you'll only need a upgraded clutch (springs) and a quality chain.
$150,000
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
In a bike!!!!!!!!No words for that.

AAAssjani.gif

Back