My bike is almost done

turbojonn

Registered
It's been maybe 6 months since I posted much here. So here's an update. My bike should be done in a month or so. I took my bike to Bert. He's making it into a whoop-ass mean machine (at least as much as humanly possible on my cheap ass budget). The old rajay is gone, as is all of the Mr Turbo stuff. Now it has a dual ball bearing mother bitches of a turbo that will, when I can afford to upgrade from s2000 injectors, support over 500 hp. The way it will be set up it should be good for 320-340 hp. He's putting on an air to water intercooler (bye- bye race gas), new plenum, spider pipe, wastegate, all the stuff. It's even going to have a water cooled bearing housing. I can't imagine what he could do if I had a decent amount of $ to spend. He also switched out the stock fan with a Muzzy fan, fixed the funky wiring, put in big boy clutch springs, new pads and rear rotor, and lots of other stuff. He even took it upon himself to dig into his box of Suzuki tid-bits and switch out all the little mismatched nuts and bolts that had found their way onto the bike through all of it's prior projects. Thanks Bert--you da' man!
super.gif
bowdown.gif

Congrats
beerchug.gif
Dont forget pics when you get a chance! We need them!

I'm going to put up so many pics I'll be like the new Sloppyjoe!
laugh.gif

No offence Sloppy, I enjoy your posts.

Congrats! So the big question is WHEN do you pick her up?

I can't wait to see the final product. Someday when I have enough money, maybe I'll turbo my K6 Gixxer. To run 500 hp, do you need race gas? How many lbs of boost is that @ 500hp?

(gtrpimp76 @ Mar. 01 2007,00:39) I can't wait to see the final product. Someday when I have enough money, maybe I'll turbo my K6 Gixxer. To run 500 hp, do you need race gas? How many lbs of boost is that @ 500hp?
I'm going to take a guess,

yes on the race gas and I would venture to guess close to 30 lbs to get to 500hp

lurk.gif
Congrats, sounds like you found someone that loves your Busa. First 1/4 pics too.
super.gif

It won't have the fueling for 500. I'd need to get a different injector set up to flow enough fuel.  It should make 320-340 using the s2000 injectors. I've ridden it at 285 and it was so over the top nuts for me that I'm not too hungry for and extra 200hp on top of that.
I don't think Ill do the dyno thing this year. last year was a bit of a disaster. All that time in line just to get it on the dyno and backfire the plenum off the bike (just a tad bit embarrassing). It turned out just to be fouled plugs, but the day was lost. It was a weird dyno too. The guy running the bikes was revving the living S out the bikes over and over again. I know for a fact that one guy toasted his nitrous R-1.
Anyways, thanks for the good words, and maybe next year I'll switch out the fueling and go all the way nuts, although then I'll need a tougher output shaft, and the stock swing arm will have to go, and...

The fmu's are antique technology. Unfortunately it's what I can afford right now. That will be the next thing to go. Maybe after this riding season. Bert has a super super cool set up as soon as I get the $.
Nitrous Junkie, good to see your safe and well after your tour. I'll post pics when I get the bike back. It's 400 miles away at Bert's shop. If I had the bike right now you'd see more pics of it online than Anna Nichole.
I'll be a pic hoe extraordinaire when I get the beasty back. I'll even take an "up the pipe" pic for you, cause I'm naughty like that
SHOCKED.gif

Back