They Said It Would Happen :(

I do.. kept in a garage with heater that stays 72.. I guess it's time to get the quickshifter put on.. already done exhaust and pcv..
We are getting dumped on right now. I'll have to take a shovel with me to the storage unit because I'm sure they've plowed the door shut. It freezes shut and all I can do then is wait for the ice to melt away.

You will love the quickshifter. One of my favorite mods. It definitely changes the whole experience of riding. I have had problems missing gears with mine at real high rpm under heavy load. A shifter that has kill times /gear will probably serve best. I hope to try to access the PC5 quickshifter utility to achieve this. My HM Plus shifter has a wide range of kill times but only one for all gears. I have this piece on my 14 but when I arm the busa with a quickshifter, it will be the HM GP or nothing. I've experienced a quickshifter now so I know that spending for the best is very worth the cost to me.

Yeah, mod time. Don't wait until summer. Do it while the bike is out of commision for storage. Hope you have a warm place to store close to the house and with electricity. I have mine in a storage unit and it's a total PITA to work with no light in the winter. You got about 1 hour before it's dark after work. Also cold ass freegin hell this time of year but I do it little at a time. No big rush now.

I totally understand that. My storage unit is almost an hour away, so when I get there I have less than an hour to do anything to the Busa. I just end up polishing up a small section to show her a little love.

I used to ride in below freezing weather. Two layers of sweatpants under jeans, 3-4 sweaters under the jacket... ride for 10-minutes, stop, thaw frozen fingers and gloves for 5 minutes, repeat. :laugh:

... yeah, I wouldn't wish riding in those conditions without heated gloves. :confused: Mod it and either drain the tank or add fuel treatment to prevent tank rust and keep the battery charged.

All you bikers that ride in the cold (real cold ) and also have to travel to their work or to work on their bikes , well I just got to say that is dedication and true grit , and I respect you for the efforts that must entail . Good hunting for Busa enhancement treasures this winter people , look forward to seeing and reading all the results in the thaw . :thumbsup:

How come when you say traction control crotch rocketeers say: "Traction control is in your hand, blah blah blah" But when you say quick shifter all the racer guys want one? Rossi himself said a bike with TC is faster than the old bikes, what's the difference? Funny but I will not buy another bike without TC and probably ABS, but I can wait 2 milliseconds to pull the clutch - not a problem. Just saying, Lol!

I’m with you on tc and abs, I also want Qs, but I can add that(a lot easier than tc or abs) what ever it takes to go faster, safer, at a price I can afford.

How come when you say traction control crotch rocketeers say: "Traction control is in your hand, blah blah blah" But when you say quick shifter all the racer guys want one? Rossi himself said a bike with TC is faster than the old bikes, what's the difference? Funny but I will not buy another bike without TC and probably ABS, but I can wait 2 milliseconds to pull the clutch - not a problem. Just saying, Lol!
I remember the Moto GP Ducati's being virtually unridable before Stoner got it sorted and that was to do with getting the TC right . Ducati and Stoner did , and was able to get on the gas early exiting corners and was better than ever . Used it to good effect , won the title after this .

I remember the Moto GP Ducati's being virtually unridable before Stoner got it sorted and that was to do with getting the TC right . Ducati and Stoner did , and was able to get on the gas early exiting corners and was better than ever . Used it to good effect , won the title after this .

That was an interesting time in MotoGP for sure. First, Stoner had the unique skill of riding what he has in the best way to make it work. Most GP riders need a bike that fits their style. Stoner had the distinction of being able to adapt to a bike's personality at a very high level, which is how he was able to tame the Ducati. However on the year he won the championship, Ducati was also very slick. There was a limit on fuel that had most teams cutting power to conserve gas. Ducati figured out that if they cut gas when the bike was leaned over and they allowed full power on the straights they would have an edge, and they were right. After Ducati out-smarted the field there were more computer geeks in the development garages than mechanics! The Ducati was much like fighters are today, basically unflyable without computers keeping things in line.

Yes , really have to be on your game at that level of racing mastery , those factory lads are up for everything that can possibly help clinch the title and reap all the manufacturer awards that brings . The fighter comparison is true enough for sure , with today's GP bikes radical power to weight , even including rider . Really looking forward to this 2018 season , and the conversations we will be having on the Org. , bring it on !!!

Back