yoshimura rs3 exhaust cans

suzuki2642blue

Registered
hi any ideas on this i bought said cans two years ago rode it all summer put it away for the winter got it out in the summer and two of the rivits had rotted through and also corroded metal badge, i bought two new plates and rivits from yoshimura with complaint,rode it through summer put it away in winter ,just got it out last month and same thing has happened again this time corrosion on both plates,the dealer in the uk has shut shop.so am now in contact with yoshimura in the states,any ideas why this is happening,the garage is damp free and bike is covered with thick cover ,thanks dave uk

Often, covers that can't "breathe" act as a terrarium for your bike/car. As the temp and humidity change, moisture collects on the inside of the cover. The plates are likely in a location where the cover/moisture contact the cans and sit. If that is the only place on the bike that you see an issue, cover the plates with painters tape before you cover it up but you may want to consider a different cover.

yes thats the only place its weird,i have some stainless steel rivits ,,which i will use when i get new plates these should be better thanks,maybe it could be the cover its like a quilt,

Have you looked into anti-corrosion sprays/producst?? I do not have personal experience with this product but it is one of many out there:
MarineStore.com - Corrosion X Anti-corrosion & Lubrication Spray
corrosionx-products.GIF

Never had an issue with my RS3 and its damp here.I did use some mother polish on the caps to keep it sealed.

Back