Storing your Busa for the winter....

Trax

Banned
Is it better to store your motorcycle in a heated environment during the winter months or non-heated?

I take my busa in my house during the winter months because I have no garage.

I keep mine in the unheated garage, but today it is going to be mid 50's out.

I'd prefer heated but don't have that luxury so it sits out in the garage for the winter. I just check the coolant with a hydrometer and pull the battery out to avoid freezing, plus plug the tailpipes to prevent mice/etc from crawling in looking for a place to hide. A quick detailing and a quality bike cover finish it off. See you next spring baby!

Unheated Garage, covered with a battery tender on it, full tank of gas with Sta-bil mixed in, start and run them 10 minutes every couple weeks.

Unheated. Full tank with Sta-bil, also fresh oil and filter. Clean and oil chain. Check bike from top to bottom and front to back. Take battery out and put on battery tender. Put on stands and cover with $2.00 king size sheet from Goodwill. She is good until next spring. Put battery back in check air pressure and ready to ride.

Mine is in an unheated outbuilding. Full tank and hooked to the battery tender. I don't cover it because I've found it draws moisture like crazy under there.
Get a nice day and it's out and down the road.:thumbsup:

More talk of this thing called winter ??? What is that ??? I have heard rumors and stories of it but have never really seen it, I think its an urban legend thought up to scare children to go to sleep early on Christmas like the boogey man :poke: :laugh:

I keep mine on the road when ever possible :lol:

Mines in a fully enclosed and zipped up cover (includes floor) inside I run an electricity supply, have it hooked up to the battery tender and run a 60w light bulb 24/7, just enough heat to keep a good atmosphere inside.

The above has kept my bikes mint, even in the coldest and dampest of winters :thumbsup:

Best regards Stretch. :)

Mines in a unheated big metal shed, it's on a battery tender, and I'm going to get it out as much as I can. As soon as I see a bit of sun, or clear sky, I'm out.

More talk of this thing called winter ??? What is that ??? I have heard rumors and stories of it but have never really seen it, I think its an urban legend thought up to scare children to go to sleep early on Christmas like the boogey man :poke: :laugh:

Just to let you know---NOT an urban legend! :laugh:

snow.jpg

Battery out and on maintainer, full tank with stabilizer, fresh oil, overinflated tires (only need stands if storing over 5 years), wheels on foam or anything but the concrete and covered with cotton sheet (from goodwill best cover on the planet) in an unheated garage

I know! Must be like the JackAlope, doesn't exist!

Just to let you know---NOT an urban legend! :laugh:

Photoshop

I keep all my motorcycles in a storage unit garage. There's no heat or electricity unfortunately so my battery tenders are useless. I don't have a cover on them. My storage unit is pretty good with dust and rodents. I left them like that for about 2 months while I was away. Now that I'm back, I'm going to try and run them at least once a month. 4 motorcycles (soon to be 5) is a PITA though.

Don't worry all you year rounders, winter only happens in places where the roads have corners. Just keep following that looong straaaight ribbon on over the horizon, into the warm sunset.
And please,, try to stay awake while riding.
:laugh:

Back