Slip-ons or full exhaust

ken2219

Donating Member
Registered
Couple of questions.
1. Other than weight whats the big advantage to the full system?
2. Who's running them and do you like the sound?
3. Who's got the best price on them? (i'd like to deal with a board sponser)

Couple of questions.
You'll gain around 8-12 hp with a full system and pc.......4-6 with bolt-ons and a pc. You'll lose alot of weight with a 4 into 1 full system. Unfortunately the HMF dual highs seem to give the least hp gain and are a pain to install, but they do look sweet
drooling3.gif
And since they're still a dual system you won't lose as much weight.If your looking for quick easy power go up 3 teeth on your rear sprocket or one down on the front....cheaper and about the same improvement as a full system without the install. Or do that AND a full system and hang on baby !! I went with Viper race bolt-ons ($370 for the set) 16 tooth front sprocket, BMC filter and a Cobra pc. Made a BIG diff in performance and sound, worth every penny in my book, and I got to keep the dual look which I prefer......................... decisions decisions lol

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152353521 -->

Couple of questions.
You'll gain around 8-12 hp with a full system and pc.......4-6 with bolt-ons and a pc. You'll lose alot of weight with a 4 into 1 full system. Unfortunately the HMF dual highs seem to give the least hp gain and are a pain to install, but they do look sweet
drooling3.gif
And since they're still a dual system you won't lose as much weight.If your looking for quick easy power go up 3 teeth on your rear sprocket or one down on the front....cheaper and about the same improvement as a full system without the install. Or do that AND a full system and hang on baby !! I went with Viper race bolt-ons ($370 for the set) 16 tooth front sprocket, BMC filter and a Cobra pc. Made a BIG diff in performance and sound, worth every penny in my book, and I got to keep the dual look which I prefer......................... decisions decisions lol

"Unfortunately the HMF dual highs seem to give the least hp gain" Cough,cough...Bullsh!t!

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152356519 -->

Couple of questions.
drooling3.gif

"Unfortunately the HMF dual highs seem to give the least hp gain" Cough,cough...Bullsh!t!
Oh... cmon NJ, what would YOU know about the HMF's?!
ices_rofl.gif

Couple of questions.
drooling3.gif

Oh... cmon NJ, what would YOU know about the HMF's?!
ices_rofl.gif
I'm still laughing at that statement my dang self!

Couple of questions.
drooling3.gif

ices_rofl.gif

NJ I'm told your the man to talk to about a map for my 06LE
PC III...High mount full system HMF (duals), BMF filter, Tre, Small air box mod

Thanks in advance.... Ken
shark2218@hotmail.com

<!--EDIT|ken2219
Reason for Edit: "forgot something"|1152383277 -->

Couple of questions.
drooling3.gif

From what I've read on the board here the HMF duals seem to average about 8 hp compared to say a Brocks gen 3 which seems to run 12 or so. Didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities NJ
wow.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
So what were you getting outta yours?...honestly  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152398224 -->

1) less weight, more horsepower, and if you go with high mounts or a single sided chain maintenance is much easier.

2)I'm running yoshi TRS, sounds good.

3)don't know.

Couple of questions.
drooling3.gif

From what I've read on the board here the HMF duals seem to average about 8 hp compared to say a Brocks gen 3 which seems to run 12 or so. Didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities NJ
wow.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif
So what you getting outta yours?...honestly
rock.gif
No Dyno here in the UAE,But there is no way youre gonna get anywhere near a full HMF exhaust with the stock corked up headers and mid pipes,they are basically cats with all that honey cone material inside both the headers and midpipes,the HMF headers are almost twice the size of stock headers and NO restrictions anywhere through out the whole system.Try lookin through the stock headers and mids,you'll see what I'm talking about.You didnt offend me.When you bolt on a full system with a GOOD custom map vs stock headers-mids and slipons,there is NO comparison.You accomplised more by changing your gear ratio than you did with the slipons and the injection controller.

wow.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
rock.gif
Really?? I haven't read that anywhere. I got 169 horses out of mine with stock air filter and no mods to the airbox. I have read that is about average for the HMF's.

champion.jpg

wow.gif

wink.gif

laugh.gif
rock.gif
Really?? I haven't read that anywhere. I got 169 horses out of mine with stock air filter and no mods to the airbox. I have read that is about average for the HMF's.
Actually I might be mistaken
wow.gif
If thats possible
wink.gif
...............I mighta been thinking about the Devil high mounts. I guess I shouldn't post half asleep eh? Either way if I don't go turbo I'll be getting some HMF highs myself.......I think they're the best looking system out there for the Busa
drooling3.gif

wow.gif

wink.gif

Hmmm I am looking to full exhaust myself. From what I hear, Akrapovic pipes make nearly the best HP? now does this pipe or comparable pipes have the most weight savings? That is important to me as well. I remember reading that 30lbs of weight is shed if you do a light weight full system??

Hmmm I am looking to full exhaust myself. From what I hear, Akrapovic pipes make nearly the best HP? now does this pipe or comparable pipes have the most weight savings? That is important to me as well. I remember reading that 30lbs of weight is shed if you do a light weight full system??
The Evo is prolly the lightest system out there,but the HMF highmounts out perform it.

Any advice for a "POOR" guy who doesnt have 2 grand to spend but just wants the SOUND EFFECTS of a loud bike.Slip ons? As far as the performance goes this is my first bike so thats not even an issue.Wayy too fast for me just the way it is right now.I just like the loud sounds of most sportbikes.

Back