Yoshi Slip-Ons or Muzzy Full Exhaust

hayabusa99b/w

Registered
Guys, I am getting ready to buy a new exhaust for my busa but am wondering which is the best between yoshi slip-ons or a muzzy full exhaust system. I have heard alot of opinions on several exhaust systems for the busa and have narrowed it down to these two. I love the sound of the yoshi slip-ons and the look of the twin chrome cans but am also pulled towards the muzzy full system as well due to the power it puts out and the weight it shaves off of the bike. My main concern is whether or not the muzzy will sound as good. I want the bike to sound throaty as well as perform at the drag strip. Also, I have seen alot of busa's lately with the yoshi full exhaust and wonder if that system is really worth the extra money. Any advice you can give would be helpful.
smile.gif

Whats up man. The muzzy is real thoaty. My son has the Muzzy cf on his 05, and it sounds real good. You can buy a full system for about the same money as Yosh bolt ons. Since you like to drag race, I think you will get more for your money with a full system. Hope you come down to Kansas City next year to run at KCIR and do some riding after.

If you want the most performance go with the full system. bolt ons are a waste of money performance wise. I went with the yoshi full system on my '05. check with 58cycle.com for a great price. i searched all over the internet for the best price and they had the best. the power difference was very noticable. and they sound great. I figured if yoshi's were good enough for Mladin and spies race Suzukis they were good enough for my busa. dont forget your airbox mod, power commander, filter, tre and front sprocket change.
race.gif

lurk.gif
carolinadoublej everything I've heard and read says full system beats slipons every time. Slipons add little to no HP while most full systems add 8-15 HP and a heck of a lot better sound. I get a lot of compliments on the factory Busa sound, but I know a 4 in 1 would be even sweeter.
beerchug.gif

(hayabusa99b/w @ Dec. 01 2006,14:54) Guys, I am getting ready to buy a new exhaust for my busa but am wondering which is the best between yoshi slip-ons or a muzzy full exhaust system. I have heard alot of opinions on several exhaust systems for the busa and have narrowed it down to these two. I love the sound of the yoshi slip-ons and the look of the twin chrome cans but am also pulled towards the muzzy full system as well due to the power it puts out and the weight it shaves off of the bike. My main concern is whether or not the muzzy will sound as good. I want the bike to sound throaty as well as perform at the drag strip. Also, I have seen alot of busa's lately with the yoshi full exhaust and wonder if that system is really worth the extra money. Any advice you can give would be helpful.
smile.gif
It depends on what you want. I have installed full systems and bolt-ons, and the bolt-ons combined with a pc and filter will make a noticeable diff.....and the full system even more. If you really want more power and don't mind the install a full system's the ticket. If you don't want the hassle of install the bolt-ons are wayy easier and will still give you a power boost. Buuuut, you need a pc and filter either way to really feel the diff.

Full system if you can afford it.Dollar for Dollar,Muzzy,AKRA,TiForce,BDE,Tsugiki

Heres a vid with Yoshi rs3 bolt ons. I could tell a difference when I went from just boltons to the full system. This vid is actually after i removed some packing...It looked good and sounded good but quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
(hayabusa99b/w @ Dec. 01 2006,21:31) is that the titanium exhaust system or the standard system. sounds badass!!
I dont know..pretty sure its just an aluminum can...Got it off Ebay for $305 preowned...sold the CF Rs3's for $325 on ebay.

Thanks for the advice guys, especially "carolinadoublej" for posting those videos of what both the pipes sounded like. That has really helped me come to a decision on getting the muzzy full system. I love the sound of that pipe even more than I like the sound of the slip-ons and as I said before that was my determining factor was the sound. I keep telling my buddy's that since my '99 is one of only a few unrestricted busa's in omaha,ne I am going to go for both looks and performance this winter when adding mods to the bike, but I won't sacrifice performance for looks and not get the bike to it's full capabaility with no major engine work or a turbo. Being that it is unrestricted I know that it's got the capability to be reeeaaaalll fast and that's what I want. It is a no brainer to go for the full system and thank you again for the help.
super.gif
Hopefully by winters end my baby will scream!!

(kawiboy11 @ Dec. 01 2006,16:08) Hal, he will but he will won't beat me !
bowdown.gif
jump9.gif
 He will have to spend a few more bucks to run with that beautiful busa of yours!

Back