Slight dilema for a fairly new Bus rider

This exhaust with a power commander and a good map will surprise you.
+1
personally I try and avoid the "ricky racer" mods... (defined as mods that may net 1 or 2 additional hp at the expense of low or mid power but might pay off on a "race" only motor)

A pipe, PC3, custom map and a gear change seems to me the most "productive" mods that seem to help everywhere...

You might want to get it dyno to get you a starting point as well, then you can see your progress as you go
thumb_up.gif

I keep reading Turbo,Turbo and Turbo. Boy that would be a bad choice IMHO for the twisties.

Like others have said start with a good full exhaust and a custom map and then if that is not enough, later you can step up to big bore or something of the likes.
+100   but get airbox mod too though free and easy

also we forgot to mention velocity stacks.
will make your bike make less power without proper mapping.

I keep reading Turbo,Turbo and Turbo. Boy that would be a bad choice IMHO for the twisties.

Like others have said start with a good full exhaust and a custom map and then if that is not enough, later you can step up to big bore or something of the likes.
you know nothing about turbos or boost controllers then.

For about $500 more than you'll pay for full exhaust and PCIII you can change pistons and cams and net 200+ RWHP vs. 6 to 12 RWHP with full exhaust, blah, blah, blah from what I've read here.

Then you can always do the ultimate - TURBO  
rofl.gif
you wont get 200rhp with out full pipe, and LARGE airbox mod. and any of the above mentioned things require pc3.
yeah not without exhaust but Bob Carpenter claims he can high 190 with a stock busa with cams and headwork only. He's normally 5hp off his claims in the real world, but 185 from cams and headwork is pretty impressive IMHO.

For about $500 more than you'll pay for full exhaust and PCIII you can change pistons and cams and net 200+ RWHP vs. 6 to 12 RWHP with full exhaust, blah, blah, blah from what I've read here.

Then you can always do the ultimate - TURBO  
rofl.gif
you wont get 200rhp with out full pipe, and LARGE airbox mod. and any of the above mentioned things require pc3.
yeah not without exhaust but Bob Carpenter claims he can high 190 with a stock busa with cams and headwork only. He's normally 5hp off his claims in the real world, but 185 from cams and headwork is pretty impressive IMHO.
+1

unless you want to go over 186 right? unless you do the GPS mod. i would rather plug in a smart tre than take my clutch apart. Or is there something im missing?

Back