Slight dilema for a fairly new Bus rider

vin

Registered
Okay everyone,
though I am not new to riding by any means... I am only 1.5 years old on my '06 Bus. So far it is bone stock. I love the canyons and, with the help of some serious track riding friends, have gotten decent at handling the Bus through the corners (understanding that it is a bus and not a 1K'er). I would like more HP for my engine, but the truth is that most of my daily riding is CA desert hwy. I have adjusted my stock suspension (thanks to this forum) to accommodate my rather large @$$, and I am much happier with the way it performs in the canyons. I understand that if I go with an entirely new suspension I may cut more time off the canyons, but I am also very happy with the stock suspension on the hwy. I am 45 years old and, though I have fun in the canyons, its just fun for me. I have no plans to "take over the Malibu canyons"... I just want to have more useable power. I understand that a pipe and PCIII are my first considerations, but are there additional mods I should consider that do not involve disassembling the entire engine? I would like to see my engine RWHP in the 180-190 range. I have ridden HD most of my life, and I am so happy with the comfort and stability of my Bus that I will never go back to HD again. As well, I do plan on a CA to TX run this summer, to visit my son at Ft Hood.

a full exhaust (headers and pipe) is a good place to start someone hear could maybe tell you more about choices yosh rs-3 on mine ive heard these are best on suzuki. air box mod is a good EASY CHEAP mod. (have to get power commader and map though) but this all is only going to get you mid 160's. sounds like your not going to want nos. so all thats left is turbo which will put you over 200rwhp and 3500.00 minus labor in the hole. YOU COULD DO THESE SIMPLE MODS AND MINOR LOWER ENGINE WORK (NEW CRANK) AND HIT YOUR MARK. about $1,000 for new crank and maybe $350.00 labor. DONT DO A WELD UP CRANK MAINTENENCE IS AN ISSUE ON THESE. new solid billit crank is best bet. i may have left something out someone will surely add.

new crank will give you a TON of torque. this is called stroking dif sizes available

oh and a must is a smart TRE
whatsatre.png

timing retard eliminator. simple plug n play so to speak. it trick your computer to think your always in 5th gear. from factory the computer wont let you have full throttle response or rev out in 6th gear to not allow you to go over 186mph. but in 5th gear there is no restrictions to rpm or throttle so if the computer thinks your always in 5th gear even if your not than you always have full throttle response and no limiter. thats simple version.

To keep things simple I would go small box mod, full 4-2-1 exhaust system, djbox, and some sprockets. For sure if your weight is over 180lbs suited I would re-spring the front forks. Have your suspension setup with you in gear sitting on the bike. Play with the gearing so you'll be happy with the revs for both twisties & highway

stock busa has plenty of power and torque for the street...its downfall is gearing. The mid range is geared too high and 6th should be slightly higher. I would recommend a nice 43t rear sprocket and a speedohealer.

im assuming your sprockets are factory. it sounds like hwy is your main route so i would go down a tooth in the rear.

For about $500 more than you'll pay for full exhaust and PCIII you can change pistons and cams and net 200+ RWHP vs. 6 to 12 RWHP with full exhaust, blah, blah, blah from what I've read here.

Then you can always do the ultimate - TURBO
rofl.gif

For about $500 more than you'll pay for full exhaust and PCIII you can change pistons and cams and net 200+ RWHP vs. 6 to 12 RWHP with full exhaust, blah, blah, blah from what I've read here.

Then you can always do the ultimate - TURBO  
rofl.gif
you wont get 200rhp with out full pipe, and LARGE airbox mod. and any of the above mentioned things require pc3.

I keep reading Turbo,Turbo and Turbo. Boy that would be a bad choice IMHO for the twisties.

Like others have said start with a good full exhaust and a custom map and then if that is not enough, later you can step up to big bore or something of the likes.

I keep reading Turbo,Turbo and Turbo. Boy that would be a bad choice IMHO for the twisties.

Like others have said start with a good full exhaust and a custom map and then if that is not enough, later you can step up to big bore or something of the likes.
+100 but get airbox mod too though free and easy

also we forgot to mention velocity stacks.

timing retard eliminator. simple plug n play so to speak. it trick your computer to think your always in 5th gear.  from factory the computer wont let you have full throttle response or rev out in 6th gear to not allow you to go over 186mph. but in 5th gear there is no restrictions to rpm or throttle so if the computer thinks your always in 5th gear even if your not than you always have full throttle response and no limiter.  thats simple version.
I did not know that. Thank you for the help.
woot.gif

Back