whats the best brake setup?

badassbusa7

Registered
ive been thinking of upgrading the brakes on my bus to help her stop a little better. i used to have a gixxer 600 and the biggest thing i noticed on the bus is how much harder it is to stop the thing. whats the best settup to go with and will it help stop the bike as well as a 600?

Are you using stock pads? Changing pads will make a difference over stock. You can go with s.s. lines. You can change out your mastercylinder to a Magura or a Brembo Radial. You could also change out your calipers to a Brembo or an AP Racing aftermarket set up.

Are you using stock pads? Changing pads will make a difference over stock. You can go with s.s. lines. You can change out your mastercylinder to a Magura or a Brembo Radial. You could also change out your calipers to a Brembo or an AP Racing aftermarket set up.
What else can I say. +1

I got one more... lighten the weight. Less mass allows for less brake effort.

For the everyday use, it's probably best to upgrade your brake system in stages.

pre-stage: slide the brake lever mounting point further away from the grip to allow you more leverage.

Stage1: non OE pads & SS lines
Stage2: non OR rotors
Stage3: radial lever
Stage4: non OE calipers
Stage5: get a sponser and look at carbon/ceramic or carbon/carbon systems. Of course at this point you're no longer street ridding.

ive been thinking of upgrading the brakes on my bus to help her stop a little better. i used to have a gixxer 600 and the biggest thing i noticed on the bus is how much harder it is to stop the thing. whats the best settup to go with and will it help stop the bike as well as a 600?
Buy on E-bay a Gsxr 1000 K3-K4 or K5-K6 fork and radial calipers maybe a master cylinder, and never again problem with brakes. Check this:
<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04-Suzuki-gsxr-1000-forks-w-brake-calipers-damper_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ
002QQitemZ120206848991QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">link1</a>
or this: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/suzuki-GSXR-1000-03-04-forks-trees-axel-front-end-GSXR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQi
hZ016QQitemZ260200342495QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">link2</a>

Depending on your budget you could upgrade a little at a time. As members stated SS lines and aftermarket pads, then rotors. Most just change out the front rotors and leave the back stock.

When buying rotors check warranty information as some require certain pads. I highly recommend Carbon Lorraine pads. Just me.

Stock calipers should suffice but one again, it's a personal choice and others may differ. Radial Master Cylinders are a wonderful upgrade and gee, don't forget some aftermarket wheels. While you are at it throw some Titanium bolts on there too! Can't stop now can we?

Brakes are a Ford/Chevy thing. One person goes on way and another person goes the opposite. It's all good.

r8

106_0608.jpg

if by some chance you have an 08 busa, SS lines are a waste at this point. People notice an improvement in their brakes with SS lines because rubber becomes soft as it ages, therefore expands more allowing the brakes to feel "mushy". Better pads and pretty much ANY of the 03+ GSXR750/1000 master cylinders will help

answer entirely depends on your budget.

Galfer SS lines, HH pads, wave rotors. Brembo radial M/C, calipers.
thumb_up.gif

Back