Best 1 rotor front brake setup questions

Thanks everyone. Im not doing it to wheelie easier, i was just testing if the loss of weight would let the front end lift easier and it really didnt. By the way I just weighed the right side caliper with bolts on just a regular home scale and it came to 3.4 lbs which makes it all worth it. Curious to see how much the right side rotor weighs but it is still on the bike for now. I would guess total weight savings on the front end will be over 5 lbs. which is pretty considerable.

Thanks everyone. Im not doing it to wheelie easier, i was just testing if the loss of weight would let the front end lift easier and it really didnt. By the way I just weighed the right side caliper with bolts on just a regular home scale and it came to 3.4 lbs which makes it all worth it. Curious to see how much the right side rotor weighs but it is still on the bike for now. I would guess total weight savings on the front end will be over 5 lbs. which is pretty considerable.

The rotors weight the same, but an aftermarket like a wave rotor will be significantly less, close to half.

Back