Brake pad preference

fillmore nyc

Registered
I saw that Org member "Kairles" posted a thread regarding the use of Ferodo ST pads, so I thought I'd broaden it by asking generally what pads do most guys (and girls) prefer over the stock pads?

Busa's have always been given a bad rap about having a "wooden" brake feel from the factory (and I agree) so I was curious as to what pads give better bite, feel and stopping power??

Compared to my old Honda Blackbird, the 'Bus's brakes DO feel like they have wood for pads!!
:laugh:

Have the EBC HH pads on the rear now for about a hundred miles and am getting squeal from them.Anyone else have this problem?Will it go away?

Dunno about that. I have had the same opinion on Busas I've had the chance to ride tho. I'm interested in seeing how they fare on my SV being it only weighs 400 or so lbs. I'm going to end up wioth these ebc hh pads from the looks of things. Everyone seems to dig them so far...

I run the Ferodo's F&R. I put about 14,000 miles on the Busa since acquiring it January 2nd. The pads have held up pretty well but the fronts are going to be changed out soon. Wardie

EBC HH is a nice street pad... I have a set of them and a set of EBC HH Extreme Pro pads..

The "Pro" pad is like adding power brakes to the bike but they IMO are a bit too aggressive for the street.. If you get into a panic situation, it would be very easy to lock a front tire.. On the race track they are GOLDEN!! you can get the front tire on the edge of its traction limit at 120+ pretty easy.. A light touch is required...

Add on top of that, they have a TERRIBLE life span (2500M out of the last set)

Try the HH.. pretty nice balance of effort and stopping power..

I'm gonna need to buy pads pretty soon too, and was planning to go with EBC HH. I was wondering, though, how are they on the rear? With the reduced downforce on the rear tire during braking, are the HH too aggressive for the rear; meaning, will I have rear wheel lock-up issues during hard braking if I'm not extremely careful?

I wouldn't put high performance pads on the rear. Last thing you need is to lock the rear at the wrong time and get tossed on your head.

I Have tried many different pads and EBC's new Extreme Pro's are my favorite. They are no more agressive then the HH but OMG do they ever have a wonderful feel. If you are a stoppie addict, you'll know exactly what I mean. They cost a bit more but are well worth the money IMO!

I wouldn't put high performance pads on the rear. Last thing you need is to lock the rear at the wrong time and get tossed on your head.

I Have tried many different pads and EBC's new Extreme Pro's are my favorite. They are no more agressive then the HH but OMG do they ever have a wonderful feel. If you are a stoppie addict, you'll know exactly what I mean. They cost a bit more but are well worth the money IMO!

That's kinda what I'm thinking. I was just wanting a second opinion. I think I'll wind up going back with stock pads on the rear.

SteveO, something is wrong...

HH Extreme is a .6 friction rating and the HH is .4

Also the ExtremePro is almost twice as much $$ Now add the somewhat shorter product life? and you might find them 3 or 4 times more $$ to run
... Not so lucky as you to have a "brake pad" sponsor :(
I am on my second set of the buggers and is why I bought a set of the regular HH pads... $150 every month for brake pads would have broke me.. The HH at $75 just feels much better for the street but am spoiled having the Extreme Pros for the track days.. :)

Last edited:
Not an expert, but I went with EBC HH and the rear brake was very noisy. Finally got with Michelle at CycleBrakes a sponsor here and went with Galfer HH. Never had an issue and got a great T-Shirt.............

Back