EBC HH pads and Galfer SS lines revie

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I installed EBC HH pads front and rear on the busa, what a difference! The bike actually WANTS to stop now vs before having to squeeze the  brakes hard to stop.  About a week after i installed Galfer SS lines F&R and on the clutch. Very nice, looks trick too.  

The EBC pads are somewhat noisy when braking and riding, not a bad noise, but like a slight Supercharger whine sound. The improvement in braking out weighs the whine. Now my busa stops like a stock 600 sportbike, err, well just as good as a 600 and the feel of braking is better. Anyone considering a upgrade in braking i recommend the EBC's and the Galfer lines.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091334240 -->

GMbusa I did the same mod but so far only on the front brakes. I heard it was better to leave the rear stock so it wont grab so easy and lock the rear wheel up. Like you said what a difference in the braking power I would also recomend this upgrade to anyone.

..just ordered the EBC pads, and Goodridge front, back AND clutch SS lines..

I hope it does stop now - cause before it was "throw the anchor!" style-of-braking..
smile.gif

I dont think you will be disappointed with the change. There will be a whine with the HH pads but after a while you get use to it.

Great ... thanks for the review. I went with Goodridge lines, but I know I'll need to upgrade my pads soon. My local service manager also recommended the EBC HH.

The EBC HH pads are sweet.

GMbusa: Good call on mentioning the noise on the front brakes. It's not excessive, but it did freak me out the first time.

Changing the pads on the rear made an improvement, but not in the way of being touchy, just like the feel of the stock brakes except stronger. It's hard to explain the "feel" on the rear, but it's better trust me.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091386093 -->

i've the galfer lines and clutch in for a while and it did make a difference
but yesterday i put the new EBC HH Pads and DAYUMMM!!! it is braking a bit more harder than before
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|Big_E
Reason for Edit: "oops"|1091386761 -->

I called the local parts place about some pads and they said the HH will ruin the rotors. Is this true? I would love to have the extra braking power but I don't want to replace the rotors more often. Any help would be appreciated.

Alot of local shops will tell you bogus info so you will buy THEIR parts or they just don't know so they state a fact thats not true. I use the HH pads i sell and so far with 2500 miles on them the rotors are fine on my bike. Buy the HH pads, you won't regret it, GMbusa in the classifieds here was selling them. LOL Can't hurt to plug my own ads.

Haha, well this is a trusted shop and they said just to use the regular EBC "Organic" pads. So they weren't trying to upsell me on a different pad, if anything there were trying to downsell me. Although I would like to have the extra braking power.

How much is shipping on a full set of pads front/rear to Denver?

I put HH's on all around last week. She stops nicely, just remeber you need to put 250 street miles on her before they are broken in. (not highway miles those dont count) But they will be at peak perfornmance after the break in.
cool.gif

1BadBusa - You asked about how to hold the front lines in place, given their smaller diameter. I assume you mean down by the right fork next to the fender. What I did was to cut he rubber grommet thingie off of the stock line, slip it over the new line, and then silicon sealed it into the holder clip on the fender. Works fine to keep everythin in place. One other tip - if you use Heli-Bars + GenMar risers like I do, the left line will be slightly short. You want to nake sure you get a left line that is 2" - 3" longer than standard. CycleBrakes (where Iorder this kind of stuff from) is located right across the street from Galfer. They walk across the street and have special order items like over-length brake lines made up on the spot for no extra charge.

1BadBusa - You asked about how to hold the front lines in place, given their smaller diameter. I assume you mean down by the right fork next to the fender. What I did was to cut he rubber grommet thingie off of the stock line, slip it over the new line, and then silicon sealed it into the holder clip on the fender. Works fine to keep everythin in place. One other tip - if you use Heli-Bars + GenMar risers like I do, the left line will be slightly short. You want to nake sure you get a left line that is 2" - 3" longer than standard. CycleBrakes (where Iorder this kind of stuff from) is located right across the street from Galfer. They walk across the street and have special order items like over-length brake lines made up on the spot for no extra charge.

Back