Skyline Dr. in Va.

I agree with GMbusa. This area is our playground... Well, mine now that he moved. lol The Skyline Drive, while a beautiful ride, is VERY boring after a little bit. The Parkway is better, but the ranger presence is still there, and not good if you're speeding at all. Federal Rangers = NOT something you want a ticket from, or you want to run from. Granted, same goes for police. Now, if you want some fun roads around here to hit some turns on and have some fun, let me and Paul (GMbusa) know... The parkway is only about 10 miles from my front door. I know alot of roads here, but there's still some I've yet to discover.
what are some of the other cool roads to check out around there? i like to hit rt.218 coming out of fredericksburg but don`t know many other roads out there. i think i will do the skyline thing and maybe dip out after 50 miles or so ?? or if i get bored...i`ll be at the bike show saturday but don`t know what time, i`ll look for the 7 foot guy..
hello.gif
Well, in the Elkton/Harrisonburg area there's Rt 33, in the Luray area there's 211... There's quite a few cool roads here... I don't know of many north of Luray, but I do know Rt.33 basicly parallels the drive down to I-64. 340 aint too bad of a ride north of Elkton, but south is just straight, boring road... Look in the DC Bike Show thread, it has my cell number. Call me whenever you get there and Paul and I can give you some fun roads. I gotta leave the show about 2:30 though... Got a 2.5 hr drive to get back home for work.
cool thanks....i`ll check those roads out on the map. yea i`ll take your number with me and hit you up and see if your still there when i get there. gotta do some things with my daughter in the morning but i`m only about 40-45 minutes for the bike show so i`ll be up there.

Back