How about a ride?

Sunday March 1st ? :dunno:

That would be a good date for me. Terry?

I agree, weather not looking good.

Hey Russ, have you got to ride that new bike at all yet or has the weather kept it in the garage?

Rode it in to town Sunday. 118 miles is all so far. Just put on a Two Bros CF can on it tonight. Looks much better than the stock, but a tad loud. More noise than the R77's on the Busa. May have to get the optional silencer.

FINALLY!!! The extended forecast says no rain on the 8th...at least that's what it says today. Will keep checking but until it changes back to rain, I'm riding on the 8th. Anyone else?

Sunday
Mar 08
Partly Cloudy
High 60°F
Low 38°F
Precip 10 %

Saturday too (and) the rest of the week!!!!!

Hey, that sounds good.

I just threw in my helmet for a Saturdee ride to Bodega. Chowder at the Spud Point Crab Co. Riding out of Lodi at 8am breakfast along the way. Three of us so far, not the Busa's Buds though. Maybe I'll layover till Sundee. Naw, not likely I'll miss a couple hundred miles of two wheeled excitement.

Post up the when and where. I'll see if I can rattle Boss outta his cage for the day. :poke:

Where "O" where have the OZZ's gone?

Russ, when had you planned on getting to Bodega and what route would you take? I'm a few miles closer than you although I do have to cross SF but instead of 101, I hit 1 at Mill Valley just north of the GG bridge and ride it over Mt. Tam to Stinson Beach and Bodega. I stop there for fuel on my way north. Either way I'm riding Sunday.

Seems I'll be busy Saturday with my older brother who's in the hospital in Visalia but Sunday is still a go! Those who are coming, please chime in so we can confirm a meeting place and time.

Forecast is looking good! I'm in. :thumbsup: I'll see if I can stir up an interest in a few more of the locals. Post up a rally point so we can put together a departure plan.

Terry....Post up a Meeting Place. Russ and I Will Ride..........Unless OZZ and his Little Bro(OZZ2) want to join ??

Driving Directions from Dublin, CA to Woodside, CA

Click on the this and look at the starting point I chose to simplify things because there's more than one way. The starting point on the map is where 580 meets 680 and about 45 miles from Woodside or Alices. If you're heading west on 580 you'll cross 680 near Dublin so keep going towards Hayward and then turn onto 880 towards the San Mateo bridge which is hiway 92 west. Turn west onto 92 and cross the (toll) bridge. Stay on 92 until you get to 280.

Now decide which way you want to go which will tell me where to meet you. I'll explain, if you want to slab it quickly south on 280 to 84 west, which is a very sweet section of wide open multi lane superslab (watch for CHP though) head south on 280 and take the Woodside turnoff towards Alices and meet me at the parking lot on the left (right after) you turn west onto 84 from 280. Or...

See the map where 92 (the bridge road) and 280 meet? If you want to get off the slab, stay on 92 towards Half Moon Bay (sometimes westbound traffic can be heavy depending on events in HMB that particular day) but its a short ride up the hill to 35 south, Skyline Blvd, and where Alice's is, at the 35/84 junction. If you want to go that way, (35 is a beautiful shady tree lined two lane for the most part) I'll just meet you at Alices. All you have to do is tell me when. With an extra hour of daylight, we can do the deluxe version!!!

Just for the facts, there is one other way, looking at the same map, see the Dumbarton bridge south of the San Mateo bridge and hiway 92? Its hiway 84, the same route to Woodside and Alices. Taking that route across the bay you'd ride a short bit on 101 to follow 84 all the way. Can't really say which way is the best except 84 would put you right at the 84/280 parking lot at the Woodside turnoff which would (not) take you near 35 south to Alices from 92. Clear??? LOL!!!!

(Very) simply,
1st route= 580 west crossing 680 to 880 south to 92 west to 280 south to 84 at Woodside
2nd route=580 west crossing 680 to 880 south to 92 to 35 south to 84 at Alices
3rd route=580 west crossing 680 to 880 south to 84 and then west to 280 at Woodside

Terry, I'm thinking we will jump off the superslab in Livermore and rip up 84 all the way to Woodside via the Dumbarton Bridge. That will put us at 84 and 280.

Tell us where to meet you headed west on 84/Woodside Rd. Do we cross 280? Do you have an address for the GPS? I will go crunch the numbers and provide the ETA.

Here you go, I should of thought of this, yes, cross under 280 on 84 and ride up to the Chevron, about a mile west from 280 on the right. That will be a good gas and water stop as well. (I'll be on the Hayabusa).:whistle:

Woodside Chevron
(650) 851-1771
2950 Woodside Rd, Woodside, CA 94062

If you're taking 84 from the Livermore area, hopefully you won't run into much traffic. It can be a heavily travelled two lane all the way. Was the last time I rode it but that was late in the day on a Saturday. From Lodi it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours to Woodside, give or take.:laugh: There will be some shady and damp corners up in the hills so dress accordingly. Alices serves B,L and Dinner but there is also a place down the coast north of Santa Cruz, Davenport I think its called that has a couple cafes too, right across the street from the Pacific ocean! Maybe breakfast or lunch heading south and dessert back at Alices on the ride back north. You know who's coming yet?

Here you go, I should of thought of this, yes, cross under 280 on 84 and ride up to the Chevron, about a mile west from 280 on the right. That will be a good gas and water stop as well. (I'll be on the Hayabusa).:whistle:

Woodside Chevron
(650) 851-1771
2950 Woodside Rd, Woodside, CA 94062

If you're taking 84 from the Livermore area, hopefully you won't run into much traffic. It can be a heavily travelled two lane all the way. Was the last time I rode it but that was late in the day on a Saturday. From Lodi it shouldn't take you more than a couple hours to Woodside, give or take.:laugh: There will be some shady and damp corners up in the hills so dress accordingly. Alices serves B,L and Dinner but there is also a place down the coast north of Santa Cruz, Davenport I think its called that has a couple cafes too, right across the street from the Pacific ocean! Maybe breakfast or lunch heading south and dessert back at Alices on the ride back north. You know who's coming yet?

Robert and I so far. Invites to serveral others. Have not heard from the rest.

Sunday morning on 84 should be fairly cage free, shouldn't it?

Hey guys, sorry I have been so busy with school I have not been able to get on line, midterms this week. Don't think I can make it this weekend:cry: Just to many irons in the fire right now. Hopeing I can get in a short ride this week but an all day trip just does not leave enough hours in the day for my commitments, Im over booked.

Maybe next time, take lots of pics and have a safe ride.

A few pics from our route this Sunday, anyone recognize that guy?
Also a few shots from a car show we stopped at on hiway 1.

DSCN0174 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0175 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0177 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0179 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0180 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0184 (Medium).JPG

Woodside Chevron by 11:00 a.m. Be there or lose out on a great ride on some tree lined two lanes (and) Hiway ONE.

Back