Show me your trailer

Man! those are some sweet looking trailers. Wish I could get an enclosed one for hauling just 2 bikes.

*Sigh* I need 2 jobs to get all the things I want, but then I won't have time to enjoy them.

sad.gif

I just got my trailer a couple months ago and originally wanted an open trailer. After seeing a bike stripped off an open trailer at Bike Week and finding out that my Automotive insurance covers me if the bike is attached to the truck in a trailer... was enough for me.

I bought the trailer second hand and added electric brakes, carpet, treadplate and the Bike-Pro mount. I also added E-Trac so that I can mount attachments for stabilizing the bike with additional straps. In the roof of the trailer, I added a pull switch which will trip a signal light if the bike is jostled from its mount location. Nothing like some extra peace of mind when you cannot see what is going on inside your trailer. Call it overkill.

I have to say that the Bike-Pro mount is the sturdiest mount I have ever seen and it is fully adjustable. I truly don't need additional straps, but that peace of mind kicks in again. Its also a quick mount to the floor plate and I can remove it easily to use it to work on my bike in the garage.

This is the only pic I have of the inside.

Diana002.jpg

(GSXcite @ Feb. 15 2007,08:26)
(racerV @ Feb. 15 2007,06:03) Here's Mine
Now thats what I'm talking about RacerV. Did you got to the bash at Deals Gap last Spring? We followed one like that down by Lexington, Ky.
beerchug.gif
Yes, that was probably me. I wasn't with the group much because 2 of guys that I brought down wrecked by the dam the first night we were there. You may want to check one out, you can probably get one for around 16K and you can pull it with a half ton truck. Trailer without bikes weighs 5200 lbs. I ended up buying a Cummins 2500 last year and that truck pulls my trailer fully loaded without me even being able to tell it's there. I will be bringing it down to the Bash again this year. I think the campground charged 20 bucks a night.

(racerV @ Feb. 15 2007,09:08) And a sweet arse shot!
wow.gif
Why yes... yes it is.. the one to the left and the one in the middle anyhow!  
tounge.gif

Aight, 'chelle... I'm going... but dang it.. he did just leave it out there... I tried to resist!  
firedevil.gif

(GSXcite @ Feb. 14 2007,21:35)
(semi @ Feb. 14 2007,15:09)
(GSXTacy @ Feb. 14 2007,15:04) Here is a pic of the trailer that Dad (Gsxcite) is getting.
wow
eek2.gif
i think that is bigger than my garage...Lucy will probably decide i'm not treating her right and try to go home with you
laugh.gif
I would be glad to give Lucy a loving home. Maby I could get her to mate with mine and produce a purebred red & black baby busa.
biggrin.gif
please let me know if you got room for 1 more
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif

Seriously though.... all very nice rigs at about every diff level~
bowdown.gif

I really love the toy haulers, Max Speed & racerV! That would be the next step up for us... but way down the road~ I'm very pleased with our little CargoMate~ I've only used it for moving a 61" TV and let the nieghbors borrow it to move their household goods to a new home~ Can't wait to see how she pulls with the bikes loaded! Is it April yet?!?
smile.gif

(racerV @ Feb. 15 2007,09:54)
Now thats what I'm talking about RacerV. Did you got to the bash at Deals Gap last Spring? We followed one like that down by Lexington, Ky.
beerchug.gif
Yes, that was probably me.  I wasn't with the group much because 2 of guys that I brought down wrecked by the dam the first night we were there.  You may want to check one out, you can probably get one for around 16K and you can pull it with a half ton truck.  Trailer without bikes weighs 5200 lbs.  I ended up buying a Cummins 2500 last year and that truck pulls my trailer fully loaded without me even being able to tell it's there.  I will be bringing it down to the Bash again this year.  I think the campground charged 20 bucks a night.
RacerV you have a way with words.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
Yes, that was probably me.  I wasn't with the group much because 2 of guys that I brought down wrecked by the dam the first night we were there.  You may want to check one out, you can probably get one for around 16K and you can pull it with a half ton truck.  Trailer without bikes weighs 5200 lbs.  I ended up buying a Cummins 2500 last year and that truck pulls my trailer fully loaded without me even being able to tell it's there.  I will be bringing it down to the Bash again this year.  I think the campground charged 20 bucks a night.
Too bad the guys had trouble and couldn't enjoy the bash.

(Tango1300 @ Feb. 15 2007,08:46) I just got my trailer a couple months ago and originally wanted an open trailer.  After seeing a bike stripped off an open trailer at Bike Week and finding out that my Automotive insurance covers me if the bike is attached to the truck in a trailer... was enough for me.

I bought the trailer second hand and added electric brakes, carpet, treadplate and the Bike-Pro mount.  I also added E-Trac so that I can mount attachments for stabilizing the bike with additional straps.  In the roof of the trailer, I added a pull switch which will trip a signal light if the bike is jostled from its mount location.  Nothing like some extra peace of mind when you cannot see what is going on inside your trailer.  Call it overkill.

I have to say that the Bike-Pro mount is the sturdiest mount I have ever seen and it is fully adjustable.  I truly don't need additional straps, but that peace of mind kicks in again. Its also a quick mount to the floor plate and I can remove it easily to use it to work on my bike in the garage.

This is the only pic I have of the inside.

Diana002.jpg
That is a nice chock Tango. Like the carpet treatment. I don't know if you have towed the trailer yet with the busa in it, but you may want to take a look at the way you have the canyon dancer attached to the mounting point on the floor. The strap looks like it is so close to the fairing, it may rub the paint off. Even though I'm sure the bike is stable, no matter what kind of chock you have, the bike will move some. I attached mine the same way using a canyon dancer, and because I had limited space on my 5x10 open trailer I could not get a better angle on the straps to get the strap farther away from the fairing. To assure you don"t harm the paint, I would suggest you do as I did and wedge a 4"x4" piece of foam rubber between the strap and the plastics. I't worked on mine all the way from Kansas City to North Carolina with no paint rub at all.

Here is the manufacturers website.   If you are interested in one, I can probably help you get a good deal.  We could even do a group buy
smile.gif
Hobbi

(GSXcite @ Feb. 15 2007,12:24)
beerchug.gif
RacerV , Sorry your guys had a problem at the gap. That really sucks you couldn't enjoy the whole event.I Like the toy haulers, but I wanted to have the ability to haul several bikes, or a race car, and equipment, so the cargo trailer was my best option. Wife is not much of a camper. Camping to her is no room service after 10 PM!
biggrin.gif

Here's my 7X12 Pace American w/moto set-up. I'd order the double axle for a few hundred more if I had it to do over again. Had a tire blow a while back, and rather than limping into the next town on double axle, with a single axle you are relagated to stopping and fixing "on the spot."

trailer.jpg

We like the bikes in their separate room (garage area) you can ride bring the bikes in still hot and they will not heat up the rest of the camper. The door in this picture is to the garage area.

Our_new_camper_Nov_27th_011.jpg

Back