Question about V-nose trailers

Fonzi

Registered
I have heard numerous rumors. Can someone please clarify

I'm in the market to buy a 6x12 enclosed trailer, i wanted a V-nose because i heard that it adds space to the 12 feet, but i have also heard that the V-nose is included in the 12 feet and if thats the case then you're losing square footage.

Now is true, true not true or dependent on the company that makes the trailer?

Thanks is advance and i will definately post pics of my new trailer with the pitbull restraints

Every V-nose trailer I have ever seen is a 12 ft trailer with a V-nose. The nose is not included in the length of the trailer. It's easy to figure out with a tape measure BEFORE YOU BUY!

Easy way to tell is the plywood floor decking is in 4 ft lengths. If it has three complete 4 ft sections before the nose, it's 12 feet. Don't let someone sell you a 10 ft trailer with a V-nose and call it a 12. It should show up in the serial number.

every v-nose trailer i have ever seen is a 12 ft trailer with a v-nose. The nose is not included in the length of the trailer. It's easy to figure out with a tape measure before you buy!

Easy way to tell is the plywood floor decking is in 4 ft lengths. If it has three complete 4 ft sections before the nose, it's 12 feet. Don't let someone sell you a 10 ft trailer with a v-nose and call it a 12. It should show up in the serial number.

+10000

last time i checked plywood was in 8 foot length's so you should have 1 full piece and 1 half piece then next to it 1 half piece and one full piece

V-nose should not be included in the size of the trailer.

Every V-nose trailer I have ever seen is a 12 ft trailer with a V-nose. The nose is not included in the length of the trailer. It's easy to figure out with a tape measure BEFORE YOU BUY!

Easy way to tell is the plywood floor decking is in 4 ft lengths. If it has three complete 4 ft sections before the nose, it's 12 feet. Don't let someone sell you a 10 ft trailer with a V-nose and call it a 12. It should show up in the serial number.

Pardon my ignorance but how should it read on the serial number?
Posted via Mobile Device

Some RV trailers and toy haulers included the toungue. Some boats include the swim platform. I would think some companies include the V nose, but have not seen one. (Haven't measured each one either)

I recently bought a 5x8 V nose. In my case the V adds 2' to the length of the box. So the V should not be included when talking about the size of the trailer

Back