trailer setup

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
looking at an 7x12 enclosed trailer this weekend and was wondering if anyone wants to put up pictures of how you setup the inside. i will be using it to haul around 2 bikes. what do you keep in there? do you run power on the inside? anything else you can think of. i will be using it to haul the bikes with us when we go camping and going to try to get a couple track days in and go to the strip a couple times. thanks

Check into these rails at lowes. Shop Rubbermaid FastTrack 48" Rail at Lowes.com

Lots of different accesories also. Shop Rubbermaid Satin Nickel Multipurpose Hook at Lowes.com

I've got my hauler lined with them. They also have baskets that mount on the rails for more storage.

Power to a trailer really depends on what you want to do with it.
If you don't have an AC unit and no real high draw for power then just take an extension cord with you and plug it in to run your fan or tools or a small generator to power your needs.
If you set it up to sleep in or run a lot of equipment then properly installed power is always a nice feature.

Also, for peace of mind please be sure to have a spare trailer tire mounted. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/random-thoughts/134087-gremlins-struck-twice-5-miles.html

Yeah I plan on installing power so I can run simply stuff. Not sure if we are going to sleep in it or not mainly getting it so we can trailer the bikes to the camping grounds and other places. Want to setup a small shelf for chain lube and extra fluids and maybe a small chest of tools. It got a spare tire and just put 2 new tires on it. Nice thing is it has 2 windows that work.

Or.. can haul the trailer with a Hybrid Silverado.. lol.. the guys at work make fun of me, but have 2400 watts available whenever I want.

Nope die hard Chevy guy behind my garage is a mess. 83 s10 77 longbox 78 shortbox 81 longbox 86 k5 blazer 87 shortbox. My buddy's 75 longbox and got another k5 at my buddy's house. That doesn't include my 68 mercury cougar my girls 72 nova or my buddy's 74 duster. Those last 3 are in the garage. Also my brothers 78 longbox that he drives everyday.

Looks good how secure is everything going down the road?

I have yet to have anything at all fall off. We load 3 bikes underneath these rails and then pack it full of gear, fuel, satalite dish, and everything else for a race weekend so if anything ever fell off it could definitely cause some damage. They seem to be very sturdy as long as you get them into a good stud.

I've been very happy with getting some of the loose stuff off the floor and out of buckets.

While camping it holds hoses, cords, etc. While racing we hang leathers, helmets, and stuff like that. Good way to air out a helmet.

Pic 1: Loaded enclosed going to Maxton
Pic 2: Loaded in the open going to Deals Gap

100_1971.jpg

Garage area loaded 2.jpg

Never seen one with a sliding side window like that. I'd say you did pretty good with the tandem axle set up. Do they happen to have brakes?

The only thing I really notice is it appears to have the shorter fat tires on it. I've always liked those tires for going to the lake and the sand but be careful what they are rated for during extensive highway use.

You may run into an issue with the wheel bearings turning too fast and burning up. Just something to think about.

Yeah I have seen alot of the single axles but wanted dual since I will be hauling 2 bikes plus gear all the time. I will keep an eye on the bearings thanks for the heads up and no brakes out back which isn't the best but can't have everything. Yeah I like that it has a window on each side and they both work. Just sucks that someone can look in and see what I have.

Tint the window, or put up a curtain or something!
Yeah I have seen alot of the single axles but wanted dual since I will be hauling 2 bikes plus gear all the time. I will keep an eye on the bearings thanks for the heads up and no brakes out back which isn't the best but can't have everything. Yeah I like that it has a window on each side and they both work. Just sucks that someone can look in and see what I have.

Back