Should I?? I'm getting itchy...

TXBusa05LE

Registered
Kawasaki 2004 NINJA® ZX-10R

vp1047946_1_large.jpg

Scratch it, bro! I can give you no better advice.

:laugh:

:whistle:

TXBUSA, ARE YOU BUYING IT FOR TRACK, CANYON RUNNING, STUNTING....???
iT IS HARD TO GO WRONG WITH THE JAPANESE BIKES...BUT IF YOU CAN GET A SUPER PRICE ON IT GO FOR IT. MY ONLY RESERVATION IS THAT VERY FEW RACERS GO WITH THE KAWASAKI'S...GUYS CHIP IN ON THIS. SO, THE RESALE ON THE KAWI IS NOT AS GOOD AS SAY A R1 OR GIXER. ALSO THERE ARE FEWER PEOPLE RUNNING THESE BIKES AT THE TRACK SO SETUPS AREN'T AS WELL AVAILABLE. I AM NOT A TRACK EXPERT BY ANY MEANS. BUT I HAVE BEEN DOING TONS OF RESEARCH ON WHICH BIKE FOR TRACK. EVERYONE I TALK TO WHO IS A RACER SAYS GIXER, YAMI, HONDA...AND IF YOU LIKE THE OLD SOUL DUCATIS...HARDLY ANYONE IS RUNNING KAWI'S. BUT I WOULD BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS THAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALL 4 JAPANESE MANUFACTURES AT LESS THAN PRO LEVEL IS HARDLY DISCERNABLE. JUST MY 2 CENTS...2 HIP

Looks to be in pretty good condition, but make sure you have everything else in order!

TXBUSA, ARE YOU BUYING IT FOR TRACK, CANYON RUNNING, STUNTING....???
iT IS HARD TO GO WRONG WITH THE JAPANESE BIKES...BUT IF YOU CAN GET A SUPER PRICE ON IT GO FOR IT. MY ONLY RESERVATION IS THAT VERY FEW RACERS GO WITH THE KAWASAKI'S...GUYS CHIP IN ON THIS. SO, THE RESALE ON THE KAWI IS NOT AS GOOD AS SAY A R1 OR GIXER. ALSO THERE ARE FEWER PEOPLE RUNNING THESE BIKES AT THE TRACK SO SETUPS AREN'T AS WELL AVAILABLE. I AM NOT A TRACK EXPERT BY ANY MEANS. BUT I HAVE BEEN DOING TONS OF RESEARCH ON WHICH BIKE FOR TRACK. EVERYONE I TALK TO WHO IS A RACER SAYS GIXER, YAMI, HONDA...AND IF YOU LIKE THE OLD SOUL DUCATIS...HARDLY ANYONE IS RUNNING KAWI'S. BUT I WOULD BET DOLLARS TO DONUTS THAT THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALL 4 JAPANESE MANUFACTURES AT LESS THAN PRO LEVEL IS HARDLY DISCERNABLE. JUST MY 2 CENTS...2 HIP
INDOOR VOICE = indoor voice :laugh:

Mr Biscuit, I am not sure I understand what the indoor voice means...but I can guess that you are rashing me on being a novice level track guy...I'm cool with that and in fact stated I had very little experience...I also stated that at less than pro level any of the Japanese bikes are pretty much indiscernable of who has an edge...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so to speak. Even though I am a middle aged dog, I am a pup on this org...so we look up to the salty dogs like you. I have read many of your posts and enjoy yours alot. You are one of the character guys amongst all of us. So, it is a supreme joy that you would take the time to bring me up short on the leash..:thumbsup:

But trying to be the devil's advocate for Txbusa...I have talked to guys who are rated with their racing certificates...not wanna be track guys like me...One of the guys has placed in the top three at Isle of Man on several occasions and two other guys who are rated in the top 20 or so at AMA sanctioned races in california...and believe me these dudes are serious as cat poop on the track. None of them run Kawis...and it doesn't mean the ZX10 is a bad bike. It is just that no one is running them. You don't see Ben Spies, Valentino, Nicky, or Stoner riding Kawis. Look at the motogp results for Valencia finished recently. Out of the top 18 finishers kawi took 2 places...14th and 17th place. Very few guys on this org would be able to tell the difference between a R1, Gixer, Honda, or Kawi...so my point still stands as I intended it...buy the kawi if you can get a good price on it...and in california people are dropping bikes in Craig's list, ebay, and rags like crazy due to hard times. But few people in California run the Kawi's for race..and if you are buying a bike for serious track or getting into real race stuff go with a bike where you can get better support and can compare notes with other dudes who are running the same thing. Bit wordy... but us young pups on the org need to be throttled here and there, yes? It is one of joys of the human experience, don't you think, to commiserate with one another and share points of view? I remember reading something along time ago...that went something like this...let us all sit down in the dark and talk..each getting there chance to share their point of view and not be intimidated by those who feel that need to intimidate or whose persona is more powerful than those sitting nearby and withold their point of view because of such....God bless this organization. I value all of those voices on it...and Mr Biscuit you are and always will be one of my favorites. 2hip

He was simply pointing out that by using all caps in your previous post you were SCREAMING, not talking.

Its all good....

Thanks guys & 2hip...I didn't mean to start a riot. The 10 would simply be a play toy. They're asking way to much though.

And yes, Mr Biscuit has issues...:rofl:

Back