Will the 2011 Zx10 beat the Bimmer ?

well from what I've read on the net a US spec BMW vs a US spec '11 ZX10r is not a fair fight really. I'd like to see how they compare with euro spec models. Also the dyno and the dragstrip don't tell the tale of how well that thing will do on a race track. On paper the '09 R1 doesn't look that great either but actually does really well around the track.

I'm not a BMW hater at all, in fact quite the opposite. I absolutely love the direction it has pushed the liter bike world.

The ZX rider is name Garth in that vid.He's like 230 lbs. not a little guy.He's not stupid,notice the busa front fender :whistle: He's been after this race for about 3 months.I got a little insight on the zx forums about the run.
As far as HP is concern the model shipped to the states has had it's balls cut off due to emissions.To get the power back the ECU has to be reflashed.But the power is there.
That same zx10 with a 1 tooth small rear sprocket pulled 201mph in 1.1 miles at a slow roll running mr12[like that vid] which cracks me up[it beat the beemer]...how many gen2 busa's has hit 200 at Texas or the Maxon mile?Quite a few.
Saying stock on stock today is a joke when talking top speed.Stock on stock is stock production engine and it ends there.That game was ended with 99 Hayabusa.It's still the king on speed,for show room stock mass production bike.

Not knocking the beemer,it's about the best track bike out there for the money.....with the right pilot.

It never ends :rofl:

Pretty much tells the story and look at all the mods on the ZX10... :whistle:

The second race also shows how much low end is given up with the new liter bikes PEAK power gains. Get caught in the wrong gear/rpm and it's over... :whistle:

Hate to break it to the BMW haters, but the kawi lost to the BMW again this year.

Check out motorcycle news for more details, the zx10 is a big let down, kinda sad from most numbers I have seen posted on the zx forum the 11" is just a couple of horse more then the 10", it has horrible midrange power, it has sweet electronics on it.

If you look around you will find story's of the 2 racing and stock for stock it's not a match.

There is a video out with a guy with a ton of mods barely beating a BMW with a slip on and generic map, it's really sad.

Oh yea.. Go Beemer :thumbsup: 2010-2011 international bike of the year:laugh:

+1

Give me the S1000RR over the ZX10 and it's recalls all day long... :laugh:

Back