Kawasaki ZX10R 2011.

From what I'm hearing due to US regulations the american market 2011 zx10 is going to be way down on hp. What a shame, I was kinda rooting for it to kick some bavarian azz :laugh:

From what I'm hearing due to US regulations the american market 2011 zx10 is going to be way down on hp. What a shame, I was kinda rooting for it to kick some bavarian azz :laugh:

From what i read.. should be around 10whp less than the Japan version?? Is truly a beast. Im not too crazy about the front end.. but its growing on me. I'm still partial to the busa. Going from a CBR to a Busa .. ride all day and make a 9 second pass and ride home with no troubles.. pretty awsome day to me.. all that while being comfortable. I dont think i would really enjoy riding that all day. However, i do think its time for Suz to step it up. I LOVE the looks of the '08+ Busa. Really sexy curves.. still fast as heck, but we are getting left behind.

From what i read.. should be around 10whp less than the Japan version?? Is truly a beast. Im not too crazy about the front end.. but its growing on me. I'm still partial to the busa. Going from a CBR to a Busa .. ride all day and make a 9 second pass and ride home with no troubles.. pretty awsome day to me.. all that while being comfortable. I dont think i would really enjoy riding that all day. However, i do think its time for Suz to step it up. I LOVE the looks of the '08+ Busa. Really sexy curves.. still fast as heck, but we are getting left behind.

Do you think that will just be something you can over ride, like a TRE ?

I don't think we're GETTING left behind.....we GOT left behind, as far as upgrades go, JMO

Last edited:
The 09/10's are weak til about 7 or 8k in stock form, like an R1. I hope they fixed that and give them the low end power like the original 04/05 10's had. Different looking, I'll have to go sit on one to get an idea of the ride til I actually get to.
Like it or not, Kawasaki makes some powerful stuff.

Sixpak, they moved the torque curve higher which cut the mid range so you can hammer the throttle on racing curves. Should be a peaky hp bike. Also, the gearbox is totally wrong for the street. It is a racing machine with no street manners IMHO. Uncomfortable, peaky hp, and gearing that is way to close to each other. A track bike for sure......

Now I'm definitely gonna have to go 1397. It's ugly tho, that's the only issue really

Sent from my Devour using Tapatalk

Just read, US version is 22hp less and knocking 2k off of top rpm..

Bikeland - News, reviews, and discussion on ZX14, ZX10R, other motorcycles

Internet talk

US & Canadian model :

11,000@ rpm

176hp no ram air
185hp ram air

Euro model

13,000 @ rpm

197hp ram air
207hp ram air
Holy mother of...WOW!!! :banghead: If thats right that doesn't bode well for any new sportbikes. I heard of a reduction, but talk about neutered ::9 Where did that come from? ::11 And who's next? That can't be right :please:

Last edited:
Anyone got a link to the nuetered restrictions rules? Who is mandating them? I wonder what it really says......

Anyone got a link to the nuetered restrictions rules? Who is mandating them? I wonder what it really says......

North American 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R loses 20 HP, slower than S1000RR | Hell for Leather

According to official horsepower numbers published by Canadian Kawasaki, the North American market 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R will have its power dropped from 197 to just 176.65bhp while torque will fall from 84.3 to 82.6lb/ft. Crucially for the numbers-obsessed liter bike market, that gives the ZX-10R an inferior power-to-weight ratio not only to the BMW S1000RR, but also to the GSX-R1000 and MV Agusta F4.

The modifications to the North American bikes have been made in order to pass strict new EPA noise regulations and include exhaust and ECU changes. While the engines remain mechanically identical to their full-power European and Asian siblings, the bikes we’ll get have had their redlines reduced by 750rpm to 13,750 while the point at which the lower peak power number is delivered falls from 13,000 to 11,000rpm. Peak torque is also lower, now arriving at 11,000 instead of 11,500rpm.

Some killer Kawi... :banghead:

Wow. That means that all the new bikes will have to deal with the same bs. The new bikes might actually be slower than the current ones ??? Was there some new EPA law changes I missed or something? :banghead: I'm sure glad I have some fast bikes now, it looks like uncle sam is planning on phasing them out :cussing:
Don't make it easy guys :moderator: you gotta fight... for your right.... to hp :guns:

"First, the 2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R would make 197bhp at the crank (207 with ram air), then we learned that North American Ninjas would lose about 20bhp thanks to problems passing EPA noise regulations. Now, a shop in LA has but a stock ZX-10R on the dyno alongside a de-limited one. The result? A LeoVince pipe and a new ECU map sees 188hp at the back wheel. Take that S1000RR."

2011-ZX-10R-Dyno-599x412.jpg

:D

All yours for right around $14K, Super fast, quick steering, great breaks, really uncomfortable ergo's, plank of a seat.
No thanks, I'll remain loyal and true to the Hayabusa. I love my bike.
We are getting to the point of comparing apples and oranges in the quest for all out speed supremacy. When is the last time you did 180mph on one of these fly weights, it gets a little sketchy. Gimme my big ole girl every time.

Back