Short guy's +1 conversion- WOW!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I've read many reviews of the improved turn-in with the +1 conversion (new folks- replacing stock rear links with raising links to increase rear ride height 1" thereby making front forks have steeper angle relative to the ground) and thought it would make a marginal difference in handling.

WRONG!

It feels like a different bike!! I was changing lanes just for the fun of it, snapping back and forth like my Mustang after I put 1" lower Steeda racing springs on it!

Seriously, I wasn't expecting a lot of difference and was very surprised. The bike feels nimble, changing directions is much less effort and I can't wait to get it out into some twisties. So I'm gonna finish my coffee, and go get some!!

P.S.- Thanks to Don (USN05LE) for helping, and he should be posting pics when he drags his ass out of bed presently.
coffee.gif

We had a small maintenance party in his garage yesterday, changing out my links, cleaning out both our front sprocket areas
crazy.gif
, and installing his new billet clutch cover brace. I almost broke my hand when it slipped off a wrench hitting a jack stand, swollen up like after a good bar fight minus the teeth marks!
laugh.gif

I here so much positive remarks about going +1.I'm gonna have to order the links.
beerchug.gif

Any ground clearance issues on lowering front and leaving the rear stock?

(proud dad @ Jun. 24 2007,08:35) I here so much positive remarks about going +1.I'm gonna have to order the links.
beerchug.gif

Any ground clearance issues on lowering front and leaving the rear stock?
I have no issues with mine like that..
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I'm down 1" in the front and about 2 1/2 in the back and dont have any ground clearance issues, so I doubt you would.

The +1 links are without a doubt one of the best bang for the buck mods you can do! The only thing I can think of that approaches this level of return on investment was my Grip heaters. +1 links transformed my bike. Wonder why no one (Soupy's?) has made some adjustable raising links? I would think that would be an awesome mod for track day types. Combined with a pass through style top triple clamp and you could rapidly fine tune your F/R balance at the track!
beerchug.gif

The +1 links made a world of difference IMHO, 1 of thbest mods i've done. Now swap to a 55 profile tire, and it'll turn in even better.

So did you just drop the front 1", or did you use the rear link as well?

(Cykill @ Jun. 24 2007,10:20) The +1 links made a world of difference IMHO, 1 of thbest mods i've done. Now swap to a 55 profile tire, and it'll turn in even better.
+2 !!!!

I grabbed a set of 190/55 Super Corsa take offs and after riding a 190/55 I can't even imagine going back to 190/50.

People are always amazed at how I "rail the busa like a track bike".

(Cblast @ Jun. 24 2007,12:50) So did you just drop the front 1", or did you use the rear link as well?
I had lowering dogbones in back, and 1" Pingel spacers in front- left the Pingels on front and returned rear to stock height.
smile.gif

(Cykill @ Jun. 24 2007,12:20) The +1 links made a world of difference IMHO, 1 of thbest mods i've done. Now swap to a 55 profile tire, and it'll turn in even better.
I've had one on order for over a month!!
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

Don just tried to find a 55 in a Diablo as well, why is every friggin 55 series tire in America on back order?!?
rock.gif

Charles, do you have them all piled in your garage??
rock.gif
rock.gif

pissed.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

(ks-waterbug @ Jun. 24 2007,14:11) Glad to see things worked out.... Sorry about the hand, Don wake up my brother!
Thanks Sonny!

When ya gonna come down and ride something that's not straight for a change??
biggrin.gif
poke.gif

I am awake, I have been doing yard work since 0800 and I am still not done. I have to paint the trim in the dining room after I get the yard work done.

Don

Back