HID conversion Kit

Hey Gio, I did the HID conversion on my busa and it works excellent. Your best bet would be to try to buy one in person,then make sure the size of the ballast isnt too big. because there in not alot of room for it mine is located in the front fairing above the left turn signal,I also have it wrapped in neoprene. Ballasts dont like vibration to much. Next you need to know what color temp you want,its measured in kelvins bluish to white is 5500k to 7500k and if you want that purpule look ala BMW 7series you need 8000k and up. also very important,if at all you could find a friend that wants to do the same thing,buy a kit for a car and split it. you can buy a much nicer kit for the money.Finnaly not to chew your ear off I attached a pic of my hid in action. (very poor scanned quality also the pic was laminated)sorry,goodluck

x95tmp.jpg

I can answer alot of your HID questions. I do sell them as well. You will find that the units I offer you will not be able to get your hands on unless you dont mind a $700-$800 dump for the ballast alone............. PURE DIGITAL!

Anyhoot... Things to consider when buying. Any HID kit on a bike is a modification. If you by a "CAR" HID conversion kit such as mentioned PAY ATTENTION...

You will get a "MODIFIED" hid bulb sometimes called a CONVERSION KIT/BULB like you mentioned... H7 in this case. The base of the bulb is modified and flatened out so it will fit in the "stock" spring space. There are wires relocated and soldered onto the base of the bulb so that it can plug into the ballast...

PROBLEM: modified bulb means your replacement bulb HAS to come from them at THEIR prices so your fúked. Their bulb has a fancy "NON OEM/cant find it anywhere" plug on the end of it to fit "THEIR" kits. So next season when you need a bulb their not to be found. YOU NEED A NEW KIT!.

NON DIGITAL ballasts like described above are HUGE bricks. Vibration will "KILL" em in a heartbeat. If you get any moisture in it, it's fried. Location is tuff and you get "HI TENSION" lines that cant be bent or they arc, cant be lengthened or shortened and any mishap can melt your stuff down. No short circuit protection and most have to wait for the bulb to cool down to relight like old gym lights. Althought that may have been fixed.

The higher the "K" value in a bulb such as an 8000K describes how much "BLUER" the light appears. Generally 8000K bulbs are JAP made bulbs and tend to be a little less quality than the original OSRAM german made bulbs. an 8000K bulb that is described as "super white" has a problem. 8000K in the color spectrum is dayum near blue so if it's white it's not a true 8000K.

10,000K is pure blue. The more blue the least the amount of bright or usable light. 10,000K is like the blue lens on 3d glasses.

4300K is the brightest/best for motorcycles. 6000K is cute but creates false sense of shadows and you tend to miss the tiny moving things in your perrifial view where you need it the most.

All bulbs should be 35watts. MAKE SURE you get a D2R reflect bulb not a D2S or DS1 bulb. They are for cars with a prefocused lens like BWM has on the front. Your H7 is not a prefocused lens. Thus it will look bright but actually be worthless. Bean pattern is a must to be correct.

The units I offer are new mitsubishi pure digital ballast and the ballast weighs about an ounce. It's 4½x3½x½. It offers built in short circuit protection, it just shuts down till the short is removed to save itself. ASK THE Tyler who hi pressure hosed it directly and it still worked after the sparks. It has constant bulb temp measuring so it returns the light to exactly where it was at when it was shut off. SO INSTANT RELIGHT!.. a must. Uses 1/3 the amount of power/current to light. BUlbs are standard based D2R Osram 35 watt 4300K bulbs. Install is easy.

PS. check the price of a spare bulb then call me. Mine are $85.00. employee at BWM cant get em under $279.00 each.

Lastly......... I put mine on a paint shaker lit up at lowes and still works. A member here put it to the ultimate test and bounced one. STILL WORKED..

If ya need any questions answere let me know.......If your interested in one of mine thats good too. If not I will stear you to the best source to get what you want.

ICE

hey ice, pretty hot kit you offer. the one I bought doesent have wires soldered to the burner,and before I bought the kit I checked for replacement burners and found them for $139. I know osram is quality it came oem in my car. The kit I have is all hella and made in w.germany its really not that bad. It is also designed to work with a non pre focused lens. Actually I just checked the pic you have posted and my kit looks almost the same as yours. Let me know if you have somthing available for a 03' gsx1000r

I got a kit from loboboy, who originally purchased it from ICEmann but didn't install it. I haven't put it in yet but check the board and you'l see a lot of members have made the switch and prtobably 99% have gotten them from ICEMANN directly or indirectly!

Just got my HID from ICEMANN this morning. Wont install it until new years becasue we are expecting good weather. So i may ride. But i will post pics when fininshed. On a side note i also got my muzzy fan and titanium starter sleeve. If you are ever concerned about your starter going on you. This little $29.95 investment may save you some cash. I will show pics when i get it all installed. I may even do a play by play.

Hey Busabra I wondered if your light made it. Let me know if you have any problems I will help out anyway I can.

Hella is also a very good HID unit. The bulbs are the same. Just get a newer Hella unit that doesnt have the seperate ignighter. THe older unit has a ballast, an ignighter box, then a seperate socket, + the bulb.

The newer units the ignighter is either in the ballast or combined in the socket. Not sure on the specs on the newer ones. My only concern is the vibration. Digital wouldnt matter. BUt which ever unit you go with you will no doubtly love the light.

I would be very interested in your pics Busa Bra on the starter piece!

Happy installs.

ICE

Back