DDM Tuning is running A H.I.D Specail

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys:

I had gone back too DDM Tuning for another H.I.D. kit for my 09 1k! I figured since they are running a special at a pretty good price.....I would post a link!

DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW & Porsche Lighting & Bumpers

When ordering a kit you need to order one for each bulb type you have!

Gen 1's take H7 (one kit) and H5 (one kit) total of 2

Gen 2's take H7 (one kit) and H9 (one kit) total of 2

35 watt kit with a 6k bulb will work great! Got them both on my 08 busa and now the 09 1k!

55 watt is over kill!

Hope this helps!:cheerleader:

I run 55W 6K DDM'S on both hi/lo beam and they are definitely worth the $. When I'm on the highways and I pull in the left hand land to pass, it's rare that a LHLH (Left Hand Lane Hog) doesn't move right. These suckers are so bright that they can't even stand to have them in their rear view mirrors :cheerleader:

I run 55W 6K DDM'S on both hi/lo beam and they are definitely worth the $. When I'm on the highways and I pull in the left hand land to pass, it's rare that a LHLH (Left Hand Lane Hog) doesn't move right. These suckers are so bright that they can't even stand to have them in their rear view mirrors :cheerleader:

The 55s haven't melted anything? The low isn't bright enough to piss off cops? I HATE the factory lights, I can't see sh*t at night. I've been waitin for a good deal on HIDs, $50 is awesome. I'm about to order them, I'de love your opinion before I do, Thanks

I have them on both my 09 1k and 08 busa. The Busa has 7k miles of use on them. Friggen awesome man! Really! Its almost a must do mod on the busa!

I went with the 35watt setup... cheaper then the 55 watt. Not by much! Also didnt want the added load on the electrical system.... 35 watts setup and much brighter then the stock 55watt Halagons! Less load!

The 35 watt kit is Fully digital, draws less than 6 amps at start up and 3.4 amps at normal operating temperature. This system provides 3200-3400 Lumens at 35 watts and an amazing 5000 Lumens at 55 watts per bulb. In comparison, a typical halogen bulb produces 900-1200 lumens.

Either way you go... its much brighter then stock! And you can see a lot of things you couldnt before!

Hey guys:

I had gone back too DDM Tuning for another H.I.D. kit for my 09 1k! I figured since they are running a special at a pretty good price.....I would post a link!

DDM 35W & 55W Single Motorcycle HID System: DDM Tuning - HID Kits, DEPO Lights, BMW & Porsche Lighting & Bumpers

35 watt kit with a 6k bulb will work great! Got them both on my 08 busa and now the 09 1k!

55 watt is over kill!

Thanks for postin the sale, I've been lookin at HIDs for months now. Just hadn't had $150 to $200 for a set. I got the high and low 35w 5000k white color for $49.95, $71.38 total(kinda steep shipping). I just ordered them, should have em by next Friday, and in over the weekend if I have time.
I wanted the 55w but their tech support recommended against it on the Busa for heat reasons in the small light housings. Really wanted all the light I could get, but didn't feel like problems down the road. Anything's an improvement over stock.
Again, much thanks man, you made my week!:thumbsup:

The 35 watt kit is Fully digital, draws less than 6 amps at start up !

i thought the same, friend of mine tested that 6amp start up claim. it's way more then 6a. and dude's an elec. engineer/biker/and elec. tinkerer

I have the same model as you and just proved that this is a lie. I need a better meter to find out what the max is, I blew the fuse in my ammeter because it can only tolerate a 10A max trying to fire the ballast, which never fired.

it's drained the battery so much it's reset the clock on my bike

so now i hold the start button down and squeeze the clutch to start the bike

i plan to eventually power the light directly up the battery and even then i have a 60 sec. timer delay relay bought.

Last edited:
i have an 07. can i get the 55wt 6000k for the high beam and the 35wt 8000k for the low beam? or would that even work? since the low beam stays on all the time during the daylight, i dont want it to be draining the battary or overheat. but at nighttime on highbeam i want that baby to be like a spotlight .

also, which bulb is for the low beam and high? not sure which ones H7 and H5 is for.

just ordered a 55w H13 hi/low 5000K kit and a 35w 9006 5000K for 150$ shipped...great deal if they stand up to the VisionPro kit I got from Xenon King for my 06 LE...thanks for the lead!! :bowdown:

I have had my ddm kit since april this year and no issues. But I do use the turn ignition switch on, hold the starter button, turn the key power on and then pull in the clutch to start it! Head lights say off until the bike runs!

I have had my ddm kit since april this year and no issues. But I do use the turn ignition switch on, hold the starter button, turn the key power on and then pull in the clutch to start it! Head lights say off until the bike runs!

I Gotta try this start method. I've been worried about buying HID's because didn't want them burnt out or overload during starts...

I agree that the stock lights are crap at night would love to be able to reach out further.

Hey guys:

55 watt is over kill!

On gen one.. lows are H7 and high is 9007 not H5 correct?

My manual for 2006 shows: Low - H7, High - HB3 which changes up to a 9005.
My last receipt for bulbs I bought shows a H7 and a 9005.
Sorry it is too cold to go out and pull them to check but this is the info I have.
Anyone else?

can somebody with a Gen 2 manual certify that H7 is Low and H9 is high beam? I'm ready to place an order and don't won't to screw over
thanks

Last edited:
Back