HID Question

I already had a left over DDM 55W slim ballast from another project so last night I ordered the H7 low beam in a nice 8000K (hope to get it faster than a whole kit). I won't turn my high beam into a HID though since I still use it to flash people and you never have it on all that long besides it's bad for the ballast box to keep turning on and off rapidly.

Got mine this morning... Is it necessary to take both fairings off and the dash or is there an easier way to mount the ballasts and install the hids and replace the wedge bulbs (running lights)... thanks guys... plan on tackling this task this weekend... And having papa dukes help me with servicing the chain!:laugh:

I install 35 Watt slim black compact Hids low 6000k and high 10000k beam just sitting not running. Turn the light on then I hit the passing button and sound like a bee is in the bulb is that normal.?

Also what the issue with starting the bike with Hid please help me dont know

What's your issue with it? Just start the bike as normal.. no big deal. I usually start mine before the ballast box completely warms up (before the light gets really bright).. but that's just me.

I install 35 Watt slim black compact Hids low 6000k and high 10000k beam just sitting not running. Turn the light on then I hit the passing button and sound like a bee is in the bulb is that normal.?

Ummm I would say NO.. but hard to know what you are talking about without being able to hear it. More than likely you are just hearing the ballast box or ignitor assembly there's only gas and a slim wire with glass that makes up the bulb.

Got mine this morning... Is it necessary to take both fairings off and the dash or is there an easier way to mount the ballasts and install the hids and replace the wedge bulbs (running lights)... thanks guys... plan on tackling this task this weekend... And having papa dukes help me with servicing the chain!:laugh:

If you are doing both HI and LOWs then all you need to take off is the gauge cluster and the BLACK covers that go over the ram air tubes. There is no need to take fairings off. If you are only doing the low's then you only have to take one side off to accomidate the ballast assembly. I 3M taped and ziptied my ballast box to my right side ram air inlet tube. Worked great.

I don't understand your comment. I am saying that my 6000k lights are bright. What are you trying to say?
I think what he is saying is that a human eye sees best with light around 5k(daylight) Your 6k hid is bright but your eye works better with a daylight spectrum go figure

Back