HID Question

TMan05

Registered
Went on the DDM page and came up with this Raptor kit for $30... here's the link.. HID Kits, BMW Aftermarket Bumpers & Lighting, DEPO - DDM Tuning

can someone help me on what I should order for an 09.. I believe they only let you by one type of bulb x2 so I may just split the order with my father who also has an 09. Unless they allow me to do both h7 and h9 but whatever.. as far as all the extras they offer... i don't know if i need them or not.. thanks in advance

T

3000k is yellow, 4500k is whiteish blue, 5000k is blue. Anything higher number will not be quite as bright. 35w are good for both, 55w can supposedly melt inner housings and is more likely to reset the clock or cause or electrical problems.
The slim ballasts make for easy install and mount well on the throttle side ram air tube, stacked on top of each other.

In case anyone is interested or cares...lol... DDM has their kits back up... just ordered mine... can't beat a lifetime warranty... now if only the install is as easy as ordering...

In case anyone is interested or cares...lol... DDM has their kits back up... just ordered mine... can't beat a lifetime warranty... now if only the install is as easy as ordering...

It is, see Blanca's pictorial on the subject.

No I know. His walkthrough of taking the fairings off was spot on. I can't wait to get it. Hopefully there will be minimal trimming needed to get them to fit!

I ordered mine yesterday :thumbsup:
(1) 35 watt - 6000K -H7
(1) 35 watt - 6000k - H9

Just called them and they said it would be three weeks to receive them.. ordered mine last night too... let me know when you get yours Ninja Killer

Seriously, I have 6K's also and... not bright. Really? Where are you getting your information from?
:whistle:

IMG_0115.jpg

3000k is yellow, 4500k is whiteish blue, 5000k is blue. Anything higher number will not be quite as bright. 35w are good for both, 55w can supposedly melt inner housings and is more likely to reset the clock or cause or electrical problems.
The slim ballasts make for easy install and mount well on the throttle side ram air tube, stacked on top of each other.

I think he means NOTHING is brighter then the color White ...not blue,,,,not yellow..nothing ..think what you want... the Blue ones LOOK brighter but they aren't putting out as much light ...Im just saying ..I been doing HID's since before you could buy the kits ..we used to get them out of Nissan Maxima's before they we for sale to the public.:whistle:
Like I said ...Im just saying :whistle:

I just installed 2 35w HID bulbs in the range of 4500 and they are in fact bright. I would not go any higher than that though, and actually intended to buy the 4500 bulbs. I picked the wrong ones and did not notice until they arrived, but they are good anyways and I am happy with them.

You know, I used to worry about people flashing me, and getting pissed off. Then I had the kid pull out in front of me and my daughter in broad daylight.

Now I don't really care if they don't like my bright light, they at least see me and can get over it!:moon:

Just called them and they said it would be three weeks to receive them.. ordered mine last night too... let me know when you get yours Ninja Killer

I ordered mine on the 4th. They have already shipped. I should have them by the 10th. I would assume that yours will be coming sooner than 3 weeks.

Back