Any issues with DDM HID's

riccoh

Registered
looking at their website I'm in for saving some $$ but will like to see if anyone here has had any issues with DDM H7 HID kit. love the price but looking for reliability as well. I've had my xenon kit on the 07 for a while and never have an issue with them other than the price.

thanks for te replies, i was talking to my cousing from San diego, and he swears by them.. he has them on his trucks and cars and decided to send me 2 h7 kits so that i can try them and have one as back up... and he said he got them cheaper because the shop is around the corner from him.. now just waiting on the package...
I'm glad I keep sending them the Hawaian Chocolate cover macademia nuts they love so much, it finally paid off:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Put the DDM 55W 5000K unit in my CBR1100xx along with a delay timer and absolutely love it:cheerleader: MUCH better than what the previous owner of my Busa installed.

Just do both at the same time...hi beam and lo beam..
You will be very happy.
I run both on all the time, day and night...
"What my lights are bright and you can see me...perfect thank you for letting me know Granny ! "

"What my lights are bright and you can see me...perfect thank you for letting me know Granny ! " :laugh::laugh:

I have always kept the factory high beam in case the HID fails and pretty much every bike I owned, it happend once at 3 am when I had both HID's 60 miles away from home.. that was fun ride but a a huge pucker effect.:whistle: never again

i have yet to have any power drainage issues, but i did install the 35w low and 55w high. the only problem ive had is people flashing me in the daytime with my high beams on. heh. they are bright and when people advise you to get low only (as they did me), listen. they know what they are talking about. you absolutely do not need the high beams. 35w low beams are nutty bright.

The only strain on the system will be the initial fire of the electrical arc that provides the light source. Once the candle has been lit, so to speak, the current draw is actually much less than the standard halogen bulb's constant draw. I have mine wired up to a delay timer so I'm able to key-on, let the fuel pump prime, and start the bike up and have it running before the bulb ignites. This is also remedies the unnecessary on/off/on/off action due to normal starting with out the delay timer. It's not good for the bulb to be rapidly turned off & on. This is the most common reason people keep the halogen high-beam due to the versatility of being able to use the flash-to-pass function or flashing in general.

O Holy P if you wanna flash to pass press your starter button .
It cuts out both lights for as long as you have it pushed in .
With engine running it will not cycle starter .

O Holy P if you wanna flash to pass press your starter button .
It cuts out both lights for as long as you have it pushed in .
With engine running it will not cycle starter .

LOL, I'll just utilize my flash-to-pass button. No bueno for HID's to be flicked on & off. Reduced their lifespan.

thanks for the inputs, i do normally just run my low beam only and as far as delay i always go with a on/off switch to control all the lights if i need them all off at the same time, that is easy to do... next will be attacking slip ons.. as i get older there is no more need to outperform radios in the dark.
So far just did the relay mod for the switch backs and installed the 30 leds towers because the lenses are clear compared to the 07 which needed the 48 led towers to match the xenon hid kit also changes the 194 headlight penut bulbs for leds and you the running light mod makes it look like there is no headlight now...:laugh::laugh:

Back