DDM HID GEN 1 Install

kpaul311

Registered
I have a 2007 Busa, just installed a DDM HID Kit but only the low beam. I purchased the high, but when I went to install it there wasn't any room on the left ram air duct for the ballast and I could even begin to figure out where the igniter would go. Anyone ever installed the high and took pictures of where the wires/ballast/igniter are stored? I've seen a lot of threads on here for Gen II busa's with great instructions and pics, but none for a Gen 1.
thanks!

Most of the Gen II installs including mine have mounted them over the right side duct as you are sitting on the bike. The fuse box is on the left side and just does not allow enough room. Try the right side and see if you can get them to fit.

I have seen them installed in the nose cone on either side of the headlight. I had mine installed on my 05 on each of the intake tubes.

Most of the Gen II installs including mine have mounted them over the right side duct as you are sitting on the bike. The fuse box is on the left side and just does not allow enough room. Try the right side and see if you can get them to fit.

Ive seen most gen 2 do that, but most gen 1 owners mount on the left and right tubes. My bike has tons of wiring and fuses on the left tube. I could double up the ballasts on the right tube, but then I have no clue where to place the igniter boxes. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive seen most gen 2 do that, but most gen 1 owners mount on the left and right tubes. My bike has tons of wiring and fuses on the left tube. I could double up the ballasts on the right tube, but then I have no clue where to place the igniter boxes. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

Do you have extra stuff wired or something? I installed some xentec HIDs from ebay one on each tube and they weren't even the slim style ballasts. Unless you have a crazy amount of extra stuff wired and mounted to the tubes there should not be a problem.

So after a couple broken trim push pins, I finished it. Ended up doing it like the GEN II installs i've seen on here. Put ballasts on right ram air tube with zip ties and double sided outdoor tape. One igniter is on the frame with zip ties and electrical tape, the other is on the right ram air with zip ties, double sided tape and electrical tape. Thanks everyone for your help:thumbsup:

hid.jpg

hid side.jpg

my left ram air tube, had the fuse box and all of the wiring for the bike running up it. I don't have anything else electrical wired on this bike thats not factory placed.

my left ram air tube, had the fuse box and all of the wiring for the bike running up it. I don't have anything else electrical wired on this bike thats not factory placed.

I just put the ballast behind the fuse box....

Glad to see you got them working though. They are nice aren't they!:thumbsup:

Back