Shoes/boots: a tip...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
On a busa... you will soon discover the need to wear shoes/boots that cover your ankles. Why? For protection in a crash? Well, that's a reason... sure. But that's really not the reason why... as you'll soon discover upon riding the bike.

On the right side, the bike gets extremely hot! You WILL feel the heat blowing on the inside right ankle if your ankles are not covered by a boot or at least a hi-top shoe of some kind. When I say hot... I mean HOT! Very hot! Is it 'rideable' without wearing shoes that cover your ankles/lower leg? Yeah, it is. But it can become very uncomfortable. You'll find yourself airing your legs out by taking your feet off the pegs just to relieve the hot pain if you don't wear something that covers your lower legs/ankles.

I'm guilty of wearing low top canvas Vans with no socks while riding... and my ankles have burn marks from the heat. Not actual "burns" but nice red spots! Now I wear my Nike basketball hi-tops (like boots, very thick padding around the ankle) while riding or a pair of Army boots (with jeans) when I ride. The heat is very irritating!

Just a tip and something to expect for your rides....

I might be a squid in some people's eyes... that's ok. I don't wear full gear, so I can accept that title. Hey... I'm learning... this busa I got aint no Katana! It's hot in more ways than one!

P

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: "to clarify"|1153285835 -->

i can only wear tennis shoes cause my feet are so big and i will take the risk of it so if there is any problem with people sayin that i am a squid for tennis shoes i guess they will end up with some up there rear end

I will still wear my Vans... but I will suffer the heat when I do! Today I rode with jeans, Vans/no socks, helmet, short sleeved I-Zod shirt. My right ankle was in pain from the effin heat! I wasn't even doing any hardcore riding... just doing the easy speed limit while going to Wal-mart to get a refund. It was hot today! I think it was hot everywhere today, too! For a simple 15 mile ride, my fan came on. And I've ridden nearly 145 or so miles and never had it come on. I think it comes on when you get stuck in traffic too much and the air can't flow. I've only got a tad over 600 miles on my bike right now... so I'm still figuring it all out.

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153285909 -->

I wear flip flops... the kind you get at the $1 store. This way when one blows off at 120 it's not that costly to replace.

..... HEY! I LOVE you all! I do not post this crap to get under your skins!!! I seriously AM posting because I do NOT know what the heLL I am doing!

Thanks for all of your replies!!!!! I love you all!!!!

<!--EDIT|PaNDeM1C
Reason for Edit: "tocorrectitallhahahah!!!!"|1153305924 -->

At least he is honest.
laugh.gif

But, really, I wanted to make it known to new riders of the busa that it will burn your ankle off and bbq it if it's not covered up in some way.... and I learned that from experience... my ankle is like a piece of Popeye's fried chicken!!!

You dont know hot until you have ridden an early model Buell. That rear head gets so damn hot you have to ride down the road with your legs open. During 2006 Rolling Thunder in DC I got a blister on my inner right thigh from the heat on that thing. Its scarred now. Its a hot bike.

I wear Doc Martens - to ride, to work, to a wedding last Friday night (I'm not kidding). I do need to adjust my shifter though. I need ot closer to my toes

since I'm in the military, I use my flight boots, great ankle support, steel toed. comfortable, and best of all... free
biggrin.gif

well with your mil boot drag the toe enough and sparks flie down the road never done it just heard but be careful cause the longer they are dwn the hotter the steel gets

Back