Riding Boots

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I am looking for some new riding boot. I want something that is full protection like racing boots but would consider something more touring oriented. Waterproof is not absolutely required.

My problem is that following crash damage my left leg swells on top of my already big leg. I wear a 13 wide shoe. Currently I'm wearing some low cut Icon riding boots and i also have some Icon street boots that look like they were designed by Frankenstien.

Anybody got any recommendations?

I also have wide feet and big calves, and Sidi just wouldn't work for me. I picked up a set of Axo Primato II's at Cycle Gear for $129. They fit really well and offer good protection.

If you check them out, be sure to click on the Cycle Gear banner here on the .org to help support this site. :thumbsup:

Depending on how much you are willing to spend really. I love my AS SMX-Rs, very comfortable and plenty of protection.

Thanks guys. I would spend as much as $300 if I got a good fit and good protection. I'll check these suggestions out.

I bought a set of Alpinestars SMX-4 boots and love them. They look great and have very good support/protection.

I have the A-stars S-MX 5 boots. Foot size is 14 and very comfortable. Little stiff for walking but not uncomfortable.

Thanks guys. I would spend as much as $300 if I got a good fit and good protection. I'll check these suggestions out.

It is good to see that you are getting good gear. It seems people tend to spend a lot of money on jackets or leathers, but not their boots. I have seen too many people with Dainese leathers on but wearing either cheap work boots or tennis shoes (Not to mention, tennis shoes look very awkward with leathers)

I recommend the Sidi Vertigo boots. Just got them over Christmas.

I went down twice this month. On the 13th on a highway and I just took a spill on the track this past Tuesday... Long story short, I went too happy with the gas and low sided exiting a turn on a friend's Ducati Monster. My left foot got pinned under the bike and slid a good 20 ft or so. My foot came out unscathed. The boots got scraped up and looks like I went to town with a grinder, but I'm walking around so I'll have to say they are really good as far as protection goes. As a matter of fact, the frame sliders didn't even get a scratch because my boots were doing its job!

I totaled my hayabusa on the first fall. That time, the right boot got damaged but wasn't as bad as my latest. Both boots are still wearable and will provide protection. Most of the damage was on the toe slider and they can be replaced so I'm not too worried. I'm really surprised how well they are holding up after two falls. They will be my track boots exclusively from now on.

As far as calf adjustability... it's got a lot of adjustment. The rear of the boot will open up to give you a wide range of adjustment. Kind of like a ski boot. Go check them out. I highly recommend.

I went with the Sidi Vertigo Mega Waterproof. Mega means wide sizes and with the adjustible calf thingy I think it will be the best fit. Let you know in a week or so when they get here. Thanks for the tips guys, as always this place is full of helpful people:beerchug:

Back