Riding Shoes, not Boots

ICON makes a field armor shoe. Should go with something that's gonna give ankle support. Definately gotta get something better than Addidas.

Shoes get "ripped off" in many bike accidents leaving feet/ankles unprotected. I'f you can pull them off, they're worthless for legitimate protection.

+1 on the Sidi..., best out there imho.

Shoes get "ripped off" in many bike accidents leaving feet/ankles unprotected.  I'f you can pull them off, they're worthless for legitimate protection.

+1 on the Sidi..., best out there imho.
+1000 you do a barrel roll down the street with no ankle protection, and your ankles start to slap the pavement, you'll be lucky if you can walk again.
Get a full boot.

Wear what ever is the most comfortable to you. I have cycle boots but ride in Jump boots. Steel toe etc, I like them best.
cool.gif

Magnum_Boot.gif

IMHO Sidi or Oxtar are the two best brands out there. I went with Sidi only because they seem to fit the shape of my foot better. Remember, you want something with ventilation as your foot sweats a pint of liquid a day.

Yeah I expect the Sidi's soon, and I agree with you guys about ankle protection, I am only going to ride with the Sidi Boots.

Busa_Nick

How's the hunt for a pair of shoe's going? I'm not sure if you bought any yet but, I wanted to let you know of the ones I just bought and I love them. They are from Alpinstar and sell for around $170. I wear a size 7.5 and they were a perfect fit for my tiny foot. Great support with ample movement both front and back.

http://alpinestarsinc.com/moto

Happy Hunting!!!!!

SMX_2.jpg

these are my next pair
Why would you get these and not a boot?  They look just like a boot.  Only diff is boot is taller, has better support and protection.
I already have a pair of Alpine star boots.
These are for just local riding, and I personally don't care for the feel of the taller boots
"Local riding?" On what...a bicycle? What does "local riding" have to do with anything or even mean? You gonna' wear these around the neighborhood block going 20 or less or something?

Please explain why these elf-boots would be enough protection for "local riding." I guess the taller Alpinestars you have are good only for "regular non-local riding?"

I just road with a guy a couple weeks ago who had the Sidi booties, he went off the road at a low speed and cut his shin up pretty good. If he had the taller boots he would have been fine. Ever seen what happens to ankles and feet w/out protection when they come off in an accident?

May as well just get yourself a pair of PONY High-tops:

PONYs.jpg

these are my next pair
Why would you get these and not a boot? They look just like a boot. Only diff is boot is taller, has better support and protection.
I already have a pair of Alpine star boots.
These are for just local riding, and I personally don't care for the feel of the taller boots
"Local riding?" On what...a bicycle? What does "local riding" have to do with anything or even mean? You gonna' wear these around the neighborhood block going 20 or less or something?

Please explain why these elf-boots would be enough protection for "local riding." I guess the taller Alpinestars you have are good only for "regular non-local riding?"

I just road with a guy a couple weeks ago who had the Sidi booties, he went off the road at a low speed and cut his shin up pretty good. If he had the taller boots he would have been fine. Ever seen what happens to ankles and feet w/out protection when they come off in an accident?

May as well just get yourself a pair of PONY High-tops:
May as well not ride a motorcycle at all. They're dangerous you know....

Back