Shinko 005 review

The shinko company used to be Yokohama. Ive ran Shinkos on my VMAX even though these were two different tires 170/80/15 vs 190/50/17. But I will be honest. I have ran every tire on the VMAX possible and the shinko had the best traction and it wore ok for a soft compound tire and always balanced well. Next in line was the Michelin but in all honesty the shinko had better traction, but the michelin was a smoother tire, was it worth the 115.00 difference... hmmmm no, but I didnt take my vmax on twisties or could it run clkose to 190mph. But that is my expierence with Shinkos, I know they rule the dragstrips on street bikes, dont see many Dunlaps at the dragstrip.

i hate shinks...i think there are way better tires....but if your skill level and riding style are equal to a shink and its cost then by all means run the shinks. thats my advise to most riders who come on here asking about them and wondering what tire. I myself use mich pilot powers. have since they came out and will as long as i can get them. for the same reason you now have a shink...i tried it and it was a match to my riding and i have stuck with it for 12 years or better now?

A word of caution to you though.....if you are going to go "carving the canyons" Stay within your means and realize that the shinks do not perform as well as other tires. it is proven on a couple different tests that they fade faster and stopping distance in longer etc. As always ride safe!!

I'll keep that in mind, but I don't above my skill level until I'm ready. I've seen first hand what happens and you go above you riding skills.

Back