Shinko Raven 009 impressions

On my fourth set of Shinkos. Broke the first set in at CaP's meet at the drag strip. Third set I broke in at Hartland Park Topeka at a track day.:laugh: Have chased Macon and the gang all over Arkansas and the dragon on them. Get great wear, 5, 6K on a rear, and buy them at Motorcycle Superstore for $170 shipped.:thumbsup:

I haven't had any experience with the 009's yat, but I am running the 005's and don't have a complaint yet. Almost 2000 miles on them and still about 3/4 tread left.

I still gotta ask, Are those Gen II cans on the Gen I?
Curious Cat.
Bubba

Yeah Bubba those are Gen II cans on a Gen I. He has a thread about it on here somewhere. Do a search and you should find it
Posted via Mobile Device

I still gotta ask, Are those Gen II cans on the Gen I?
Curious Cat.
Bubba

Yes, those are Gen II pipes on a Gen I. (Yes I know they are very heavy)
Briefly: Use the Gen I mid-pipes held on with washers clamping lip of mid-pipe, use U-Bolt to extend the stock mount point back about 1.5".

So many people have asked me about this that I will create a dedicated thread about this + all the other cheap mods I have done soon.

The Gen II cans can be found for dirt cheap BTW, I got mine for 99c

Yes, those are Gen II pipes on a Gen I. (Yes I know they are very heavy)
Briefly: Use the Gen I mid-pipes held on with washers clamping lip of mid-pipe, use U-Bolt to extend the stock mount point back about 1.5".

So many people have asked me about this that I will create a dedicated thread about this + all the other cheap mods I have done soon.

The Gen II cans can be found for dirt cheap BTW, I got mine for 99c

Thanks Dehning,
I know they're heavy, but they sure are nice and quiet. I love the stealth mode myself.
Good deal too!
Bubba

Friday I paid 267 for front and 200 rear tire.that's mounted and all.they ride great so far.very sticky and I'm riding an 08 hayabusa.and so much torque but these tires hold up very well so far.and they look great as well.I ll report back after some miles.until then buy the ravens and ride safely

Friday I paid 267 for front and 200 rear tire.that's mounted and all.they ride great so far.very sticky and I'm riding an 08 hayabusa.and so much torque but these tires hold up very well so far.and they look great as well.I ll report back after some miles.until then buy the ravens and ride safely

I eventually sold my 'busa with the ravens still on it, I still have my CBR1100xx and VFR800, both with Ravens, both holding up really well after years of riding, still loving those tires.

had my bike out a few times with my first set of 009s. after getting used to the feel i like them. smooth tires and for a busa i like how the dont fall into turns. so far so good.

I've used Shinkos Ultras for the last 3 sets of tires now and have no concerns . I get great wear out of them but, i'm not sure if I would trust them on the twisties though and the ultras aren't the best rain tire . those look nice and sounds like they are doing well for you. Let us know what milage you get . I've had almost 10k from a set

So, first I wanna say sorry for bringing up a almost 6 year old thread. But I wanna get some opinions on the 009's.

I had the 009 on a 600cc few years back. Loved them, nice profile. I liked how they drop into turns. Now my current situation is, I have the stock Bridgestones, got 3,000 miles out of them but I don't like how round the profile is. I feel you have to really push into a turn. I'm looking at going either Michelin pilot road 4, or Shinko 009 and for the reason is I want more mileage out of my tires. Dilemma is has anyone had any traction loss under a hard launch? I don't want to spin my rear tire if the shinkos don't have enough grip. Other than that I don't go too crazy in the twisties. I got 8k miles out of my shinkos on the 600.

I tried the 009 on both Busa and Honda ST1300. They work well on the Honda, but for the Hayabusa
I've found that the Shinko 016 Verge II are a better fit.
They DON"T last as long but the handling is amazing. The tire wear is a product of riding style, road surface, and vehicle weight.
The roads here in Florida are quite abrasive, so I think that is part of the problem.
For the price, it's a fair trade off....

Went through 3 sets of Raven 009's they take some getting use too never got good mileage out of them if you do a lot of quick acceleration and high speed runs they wont last long on the Busa .

I haven't had any experience with the 009's yet,
but I am running the 005's and don't have a complaint yet.

Almost 2000 miles on them and still about 3/4 tread left.

The 009 Raven is an OK~ touring tire . . .

If you want stick, get the 005 !

It won't last as long ?

But it sticks !

Red, *<(:{)-

Last edited by a moderator:
Back