k8 200 rear tire?

Big D's Busa

Registered
MY rear tire is almost gone got a little over 4k on it. I am thinking that 200/50/17 is the biggest rear tire u can put on a stock busa? Im going to put a Shinko 009 raven, am not hard in curves or anything just want a tire that will last longer. I am gonna check the price and see how much of a difference it is from 190 to 200. I was gonna see your guys input?

I had a 05 busa and it didnt rub trying to find out for sure? cause i know now the 09 comes stock with it and should be close or if not same bike as the 08?

Shinko is a cheap tire that won't last either. IMO???

(there not a "CHEAP" tire) There's ALOT of Guyz out there running mid 8's and better on a Shinko that would disagree! Its depends on what your wanting out of your tire/Busa! Straight line/Dragracing, There GREAT! If your wanting a Corner carver/Sport Touring tire, NOT THE BEST CHOICE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 200mm tire on my '08, I think its a Michelin. It barely clears...but it clears. I have a Shinko rear on my R1 and the handling is not bad at all, if you don't drag knees. It does reduce responsiveness however, due to the lack of any "real" side grip.

I have 200mm tire on my '08, I think its a Michelin. It barely clears...but it clears. I have a Shinko rear on my R1 and the handling is not bad at all, if you don't drag knees. It does reduce responsiveness however, due to the lack of any "real" side grip.

How about a pic so we can see what "barely" means?

Mileage? try Pirelli Diablo Stradas. My buddy in San Diego with a big bore kit swears by it. The mofo rides hard and he's a big dude 6'5" 260 pound gorilla.

Let me get this straight you know you have a 200 tire on your bike but don't even know what brand it is!! WOW:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you have motor oil in your ride or motorcycle oil in there:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have a 200 Shinko on my 08 with no clearence problems at all. Not the 009, but the 003. Even though it has a flatter profile than the 190, it still corners fine. At least as fine as I care to corner. :) It hooks up like a cheater slick on the straights. I love it. :) It's always a trade off. Just think about your type of riding and go with it. :)

MY rear tire is almost gone got a little over 4k on it. I am thinking that 200/50/17 is the biggest rear tire u can put on a stock busa? Im going to put a Shinko 009 raven, am not hard in curves or anything just want a tire that will last longer. I am gonna check the price and see how much of a difference it is from 190 to 200. I was gonna see your guys input?

Will a 200 fit, and have enough chain clearance? Was talking to friend at MC shop and he seems to think that it would be to close for comfort if put 200 on K8. Let me know how it turns out.

Sorry I don't have pic's. Wife got custody of the camera. I was lucky to get the Busa. :) I measured mine. There's .40" clearence on the chain and .20" on the brake slider. Mine is stetched 9" so the slider was a consideration. With a stock length bike, it's not even a consideration. So, if you want a 200, as far as clearence goes, you could throw a cat between them. :) In fact, that same .40" might have just saved the camera. :rofl:

Sorry I don't have pic's. Wife got custody of the camera. I was lucky to get the Busa. :) I measured mine. There's .40" clearence on the chain and .20" on the brake slider. Mine is stetched 9" so the slider was a consideration. With a stock length bike, it's not even a consideration. So, if you want a 200, as far as clearence goes, you could throw a cat between them. :) In fact, that same .40" might have just saved the camera. :rofl:

Busa for Wife = GOOD TRADE(you came out ahead) :laugh: :beerchug:

Back