SFBay to Sacto

PandaNin

Donating Member
Registered
I went out with the SBFreaks MC (sportbike freaks) today on their 4th annual ride from San Francisco to Sacramento and thought you guys/gals would appreciate some pix and commentary.

I met up with everyone on the side of I-80 somewhere east of Vallejo.  I expected a few bikes, but there were over 150!  There were 6 Busas in the group.  We tried to get together but the CHP interfered a wee bit.

We stopped in Fairfield for a 20min break and I got some shots.  Then we drove into Sacto.  

Big thumbs down to the CHP.  They were pulling ppl over left and right just to check for paperwork.  Like shooting fish in a barrel.  We were supposed to have a stunt show in the parking lot of the mall we were going to.  At first the CHP announced that we couldn't park in the mall and told us to all go home.  Then mall security showed up and said, "Sure! Park here, it's OK".  The CHP then announced that anyone caught doing stunts would be arrested and that were would be no stunt show (even tho it was a professional stunt team doing it on private property).  Needless to say, there were some pretty upset ppl.  To everyone's credit, no one got out of hand.  It was a great experience.  

Big Thumbs Up to the SBFreaks for putting on a great ride and caring about everyone's safety.

pic time...
Mine in front and another just like it

<!--EDIT|PandaNin
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127003809 -->

2_busa.jpg

Very cool Panda, sounds like you had a good time. 150+ bikes on the road, that had to be a sight
cool.gif

Damn dude, I feel pretty cool riding with 7 or 8 other sportbikes, that's got to be fun.

I was profiled today on the way to the event. On 99 headed to the mall and a CHP lit me up. I was in the right hand lane and flowing with traffic. Admittedly going a little over the 55 posted. Maybe 62-63, to keep from getting run over. The officer asked where I was going and I told him to the mall event. He said the show was not going to happen and to stay away from there. He checked my license and then split. He also told me that law enforcement was going to be all around and would be checking people. So I made the next off ramp and headed for home. Didn't feel like being hasseled today. Especially since the stunt show was off. First time I have been pulled over in years. Stll gets the old heart pumping.
sad.gif

Back