Settled on digicam... Canon G5

On another topic, did the middle hole on those dogbones from The RotorWoman give you 1-1/2" drop?  I ask because it looks like the length and hold lineup of those and your new ones are very close to identical.  I am finalizing the list of mods to Baby J and think she's gonna look sweet when complete!
It actually seemed like the dog bones gave a little more than 1.5". This set of 1" bones is a prototype set. Gotta try them out and see exactly how much drop they give. Then my machinist will go from there and make necessary adjustments to get 1". The angle of that pic makes it look like less of a difference than it actually is though.
wink.gif
I thought that might be the case. Most of the bones I have seen are 2 or 3 inch drop from stock. I don't think I want to go that low, so 1-1/2" is probably good for me.

Cool Bullet...  Good Camera...  "Settled"  I like that...  Funny guy.

We'll I went to get a pitbull front stand today but of course the local stores have nothing I need.  Same old crap and not a single front stand.  So I'm going to order me one so I can get started myself.  

Later Bro and congratulations...  Nice to see you can actually make a decision eventually.  
wink.gif
Well, I didn't mean "settled", as in, ok, I'll get by with this.
wink.gif
I meant I finally decided which one to get.
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

OK, the ultimate question is....will it fit in the "trunk" of the Busa? I am looking at getting a camera and the G5 is one I'm considering, among these....Olympus C-770,Kodak DX6490,Nikon Coolpix 5700, Minolta Z2. I really want one I can carry with me on the bike. Haven't done any measurements to get an idea of what can fit.

Hmmm... Not even tempted. Most of the high megapixel consumer grade digicams (over 5mp) have terrible chromatic Aberation problems due to the tiny pixel sites since they basically use the same size chip with more receptor sites. Image quality sort of took a step back for now in those models for that reason. I'd have to see that the G6 (if that's real) didn't suffer from the same thing before I'd even think about it. I'd also have to find out the quality of the glass they use for it's lens...

The G5 is it for me for now unless they come out with something truly better (instead of just havin' more pixels) or I get another digital SLR.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, the ultimate question is....will it fit in the "trunk" of the Busa? I am looking at getting a camera and the G5 is one I'm considering, among these....Olympus C-770,Kodak DX6490,Nikon Coolpix 5700, Minolta Z2. I really want one I can carry with me on the bike. Haven't done any measurements to get an idea of what can fit.
Dunno. Haven't tried it. I keep it in my tank bag. I'll try it this evening and let ya know how it works out in the trunk.
wink.gif

Not impressed with the samples. Most look overexposed to me. A fair amount of blown highlights. Some nasty softness and "plastic" look in the corner details in some images. Nah, I like my G5's images better. Until they get the high mp digicams right I'm stayin' with my G5. In my opinion they have sort of shot themselves in the foot by jumpin' on the megapixel bandwagon so soon. What they should have done is put better glass and better image processing (noise control) into the models like the G5 and it's competition. I have yet to see images from any of the 7+ megapixel digicams that would tempt me away from my G5. In fact I'd rather have an S500 than any of them. The images the S400/S500 makes are considerably better in my opinion. Glad I didn't hold off until all the G5's were gone to find that the G6 was the replacement.
wink.gif

Thanks for the link though. I really hoped Canon would blow everyone away with the G5 replacement. Looks like it's 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other. Not enough difference between 'em to call.

Back