Tryin' out a Canon Pro 1

Bt also check out the olympus c-770 with the 10x zoom

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/C770/C77A.HTM
Link wouldn't open, but I'm just afraid that anything with that much zoom range is gonna give up too much image quality for me. The S1 did and so did the more expensive Pro 1. There just ain't a way to put the quality of glass that I'm accustomed to on a digicam with that much range at a price point that would sell. I'll check it out later if I can get the link to work, but I think I'll stay away from the long zoom digicams from now on unless they really start puttin' nice glass on 'em.
wink.gif

hmmm link works for me
It's workin' today. Wouldn't open all the way last night... Looks like it's no better than the S1 at full zoom. I think the problem is average quality lenses on the small sensors (compared to the DSLR sensors). The smaller sensors inherently give lesser image quality than the large ones. Add to that the mid to low rate glass they use to keep the price in the "consumer" range and you get lackluster image quality. I'm definitely stayin' away from the long zoom digicams. If I find myself actually needin' long zoom I'll look into higher end long glass and a DSLR. I guess maybe I'm spoiled to the image quality of the DSLR's and Canon "L" glass.
drooling3.gif

Back